mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
Basically, when I open up mIRC, connect to my servers, join all my channels, not more than a few minutes after, my mirc.ini gets infected, or so my F-Secure tells me. This started happening this morning. There has not been a problem with mIRC and F-Secure for about 5 years now, so that's not the problem. :P

Then, I delete mirc.ini and reinstall mIRC again, but it always happens again. I'm not using auto-accept or anything like that, any ideas as to what could be causing this and what I could do to stop it? Thanks.

Last edited by realoffspring; 16/03/07 12:27 PM.
K
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
K
Possibly an update for F-Secure.
Thats all I can think of ATM.

Those who can, cannot. Those who cannot, can.
R
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
Originally Posted By: Kardafol
Possibly an update for F-Secure.
Thats all I can think of ATM.

Mmm... Maybe, but I don't think so. I last updated it on Tuesday and the problems only started this morning (mIRC is on 24/7). Also, right now I'm on all the "safe" channels I frequent (meaning basically just small channels or ones with close friends only) and my mirc.ini hasn't gotten infected so far.

Last edited by realoffspring; 16/03/07 01:12 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's easy enough to look at the file manually when it says that it's "infected" to see what is in it. Almost all of the time, it's a antivirus update that screws things up rather than a real problem. Especially if it's in mIRC.ini. Most viruses/trojans that are mIRC related are either a script or a programming that is often installed in weird places in your computer or else the Windows directory.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard