mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
T
I am trying to write an Smart AI for my IRC bot, only trouble is that I have no idea how to make the bot match per WORD rather than scan the whole text for nearest match. I also want to scan all the words in a sentance for matches.

Like 'hi' in the word high triggers the script and I don't want that. Even a exact matching method would help smile

Any help would be appechiated smile

GigIRC Network Admin
irc.gigirc.com
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
I dont really script but looking at the help file i thought maybe $istok would help.
example.

Code:
on *:text:*:#: if ($istok($1-,hi,32)) { ....

and what about on *:text:*hi*:#: if you are only looking for one word and dont have to parse alot of if statements that maybe an option

T
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
T
I tried the 'on *:text:*word*:#:' method once, but it gets bulky and slow and stops working correctly after you add a certian amount.

Was planning something a little more than one word, but yeah I'll try out the $istok method and see with what I can come up with.

edit -- On some reflection, I think maybe a hybred of the two methods could be used to reach my goal, but expect to hear from me again if it fails :P

Last edited by Trixar_za; 15/03/07 02:29 AM.

GigIRC Network Admin
irc.gigirc.com
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
As a note, AI scripts for mIRC have been suggested and attempted before, but (to my knowledge) no one has ever written one that is complete, due to various limitations of the mIRC program.

T
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
T
I know, hence the appeal of the challenge smile

GigIRC Network Admin
irc.gigirc.com
K
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
K
You could use:
Code:
$regex(name,a few words,/\b(word|otherword|anotherword)\b/)

\b in regex is a word boundary if I'm correct (will match 'nothing' in: "there is nothing!", where $istok wouldn't).
Also, you can use $regml(name,1) to get the word matched (to save some CPU cycles), and $regml(name,1).pos to get the position of the match.

Those who can, cannot. Those who cannot, can.
T
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
T
That is what I was looking for, thanks Kardafol smile

GigIRC Network Admin
irc.gigirc.com

Link Copied to Clipboard