mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Eistee Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Hi i have a custom timestamp which beginns and ends with an chr 160 for some spacing and it is colored and at the end there is an ctrl+o the chr 160 are the 1st and last chars. next i have disabled timestamping complete and I'm using an theme engine in mirc wich is using $timestamp in the echo command which displays the lines. the log file looks correct for me. in the log dialog i have enabled timestamping with the date so i add the date to the time only in the log file (only displayed on reload logs). now the problem is text is displayed withe but iv setup it to display black text all text in the log which is line color starts with ctrl+o but its displayed with background color in reload. next problem is the timestamp. when i disable the date timestamp logging in the log options the time timestamp i included with $timestamp is no longer displayed in reload. I'm sure there is something going wrong in the reload logs function from mIRC because the logiles itself looks correct for me.

Last edited by Eistee; 04/12/06 05:01 AM.
Eistee Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
ok i make some examples:

as you see everytime i used ctrl + o mirc is using the background color for the text. i think text color or the automaticly added linecolor at the beginning is what it should do.

in mirc it looks like this:

as you see my colors are default

Last edited by Eistee; 07/12/06 01:49 PM.
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
I wonder if it's related to this change

Sais
Eistee Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
yes this is the timestamp problem i think. mirc removes the timestamp on reload when both timestamping options are disabled.

but the 2nd problem with the line default color = background color is an anotherone.

ctrl + o disabels all burk codes so line default is after that but on reload line default all is background color. i think this must be normal text color like before or the text color wich mirc automaticly add's to line.
In v6.20 is all works since v6.21 it doesn't.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Right, I can see the cause for the timestamp being stripped out ie. if a user has turned off timestamping in windows, on reloading the logs mIRC removes the timestamps, per the user setting.

I am thinking of changing the way the reload logs works so that it reloads exactly what is in the log and does not strip out timestamps, regardless of user settings, since even in the current implementation it's tricky to make it work perfectly.

As for the color issue, I can't seem to reproduce this. When reloading a line mIRC checks to see if the line is prefixed with a color code, if it is, that color is used as the default line color.

Eistee Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Subject: Color issue

Khaled you are right mIRC is using the 1st color code on the line you can see it for the date. but i have color codes in that line and later in the line i use ctrl+o to return to the line color and then mIRC is no longer using the color it used for the date at the beginning of the line.

you can download a log for testing from:
http://phpfi.com/214969?download

i hope it makes the problem clear.
i reproduced it on a clean installation of mIRC without any scripts just by copying the log file to the clean mIRC installation. i have tested Windows XP Pro SP2 and Windows Vista Ultimate (final). on both the same problem so i think its not a problem of my PC.

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
heh this is simple to explain.

when you use /echo <color> <text> the <text> is logged to the file, but <color> is not. The <text> portion may contain control code. Using ^o resets the color and style to original line color. In the case of /echo <color> the original color is the <color> value specified. But the original code color for log lines is whatever the Normal text color is.

/echo 03 -a * This is green text 04this is red text and this is green again.

That would display:
* This is green text this is red text and this is green text again.

Loading from the log it would appear:

* This i green text this is red text and this is green text again.

How do you resolve the problem? Well that's up to you! I strip colors/codes from logs, partly because recreating them as they appeared originally while still readable as a text file is a challange.

On NTFS you could actually store the control codes and such in a seperate stream while leaving the stripped text in main stream. This is really the only way to have it both ways.

----

Er I noticed that in the log posted by Eistee that all lines start with a color control code. Then I examined one of my logs and discovered some lines also started with a color control code. /echo <color> text is not the same as /echo ^K<color>text. But I guess when using /echo <color> text it must log it as /echo ^K<color>text. No question this is gonna cause problems!

For amusement I changed the log timestamp to ,01! mIRC renders logs with a black background! Indeed go to a friends house and secretly change the timestamp to ,s! It's better than sneaking some acid into his coffee!

The fix? Er when reading log files treat the first color code as the line color instead of a standard color code? Or perhaps when logging specify events rather than the color code. In the meantime, best you enable stripping of codes from logs.

Last edited by MeStinkBAD; 19/03/07 12:22 AM.

Beware of MeStinkBAD! He knows more than he actually does!

Link Copied to Clipboard