mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#171634 26/02/07 11:05 PM
J
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
J
It lets me join servers, but doesnt let me join any channels. and it says "cannot join channel (+r)". help?

K
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
K
You need to register your nickname to be able to join the channel, I'm assuming. Try /who. If any of these have "@services.network.net" in their address (usualy "nickname!user@host") try /msg <name> help. It should provide instructions on how to register your nickname.

Those who can, cannot. Those who cannot, can.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Or just join the #help channel. Most have the information right in the topic and if they don't have it there, you can just ask and they'll tell you how.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
W
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
W
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Or just join the #help channel. Most have the information right in the topic and if they don't have it there, you can just ask and they'll tell you how.

Depending how the network is setup, this might be impossible to do as well smirk (unreal-ircd can set all channels to +r by default) So, best off determining which service handles the nick registration and get your nickname registered. (If unsure, just give /msg nickserv help a shot.) If the network has a website, check there. Most often its listed there what needs to be done. If no website is avaiable, check the MOTD ( /motd ) for admin contact email addresses and email an admin directly.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Any network that puts the #help channel as +r is stupid and not worth using. laugh

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
W
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
W
lol :p

i'll mess with the config and see if it does it.. just, afaik, if unreal-ircd is set to 'set::modes-on-join +r' then all chans get it, regardless.. but it may make an exception for the help channel.

Link Copied to Clipboard