Print Thread
#171574 26/02/07 01:04 AM
T
Tack Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
ok i am having a problem with mirc and win vista....all these characters do not work - alts 127  129  141  143  144  157 and also the bold function is messed up. I manage a color channel on Undernet and it is a real problem. all the popups look fine in win xp but in win vista they are a mess. Any chance of a new mirc coming out that addresses these problems?
I read the forums and there is no mention of these Vista problems

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
A number of problems between mIRC and Windows Vista have been identified, however, I doubt that all of them have been.
Khaled is constantly monitoring and reviewing the posts on these forums regarding features, problems, and just about anything else in regards to mIRC.
Khaled does not (and never has) stated what will or will not be in future versions, or when a future version will be out.
If you have submitted your e-mail address to the mailing list, then you will be notified via e-mail when the next version is released.
If you haven't I recommend that you do so.
If you don't want your e-mail address on that list, fine, just keep an eye on the posts in the General Discussion forum for an announcement regarding a new version.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
problems with certain special characters are due to the different codepages that are installed... you run into similar problems if you install asian language support under XP

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Right. Most likely, you had different code pages installed on XP (or whatever version you had before) than what you have installed in Vista. The code pages can cause you various problems with fonts displaying what you don't expect.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
I am having the same problem as Tack and I just got a new computer with Windows Vista. Apparently, Vista doesn't see some of the extended ascii characters that we love to draw with.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's probably that Vista doesn't install the same code pages by default. I'm glad I didn't install it on my computer. laugh

Invision Support
D
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
D
Is there any way to fix it if its not the right code page?

Last edited by dholli; 02/03/07 09:20 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You would need to install/uninstall them to find whichever one(s) work. I can't help with that because I don't have it and have no idea how you do it in Vista. I'm sure you can google that, though.

Invision Support
D
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
D
I wrote to microsoft. And this is what i got back.

I would like to explain that since Windows Vista using the different ASCII characters from Windows XP. So we cannot using press Alts+127, 129, 141, 143, 144, 157 to show the special characters in Windows Vista. This feature in Windows Vista is disappear.

There is a way to workaround the issue. We must use Asian Language Package and open the Software Keyboard.

1. Click Start and Control Panel.

2. Click Clock, Language, and Region.

3. Click Change display language and Keyboards and Languages tab.

4. Click Change keyboards and Add.

5. Go to Chinese and check Chinese (Simplified) –Microsoft Pinyin IME and click OK.

A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
microsoft have better grammar than that...so I doubt they wrote to you

D
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
D
Well i can tell you that wasnt the answer to the problem i tryed it and truthfully i doubt if there is a answer, its in the vista operating system.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just to point out, the original part of that post wasn't "from" M$, but "to" M$. He was displaying his question to them. Their answer was the set of steps.

Invision Support
J
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
J
kind of criticle, criticel, critical , arent u.

D
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
D
Is there anything new to add to mirc and vista i know microsoft had said they were working on a program patch for third party programs.

Link Copied to Clipboard