Print Thread
B
BaTuZai Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
Hello,
anyone here knows how to hide a tray icon.......... i mean no icon at all but still the mirc is still running.............plzzzzzzzz teach me.....
i`ll use it to run a trivia bot in a net cafe......... so that no one can close it..... tnx...

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Try this:

File>Options>Display>Tray

Uncheck all of the options..(cant get much simpler) hope thats what ya want

B
BaTuZai Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
nope... thats not wat i mean......... i want to make d mirc prog invisible in the tray... and also in the toolbars.... so that no one can notice that it was running.......
tnx..

G
GBX Offline
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
G
i think this is only possible when using winapi
search in c++ forums for hiding tasks or so

C
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
C
"so that no one can close it"

CTRL+minimize, it will minimize MIRC with a password ( you will be asked to put a password when you minimise it). You can not open MIRC without the password, nor can you close it without the password :P

Hopefully this is what you wanted.

Coca-Bear

A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
What he means is he want's it to go to the tray, but without any icon in there.

Therefore, the only way to even know mIRC is running is to look at the task list (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) or right click on toolbar and select "Task Manager"

The only thing I can think of is to send mIRC to the tray only (with password protected) and to change the mIRC tray icon (Options-->Display-->Tray-->"Location and name of icon to use in tray")

This allows you to specify a different icon in place of the standard mIRC icon in the tray.

So, if you create an icon that is the correct size and colour, it will just look like a *blank* patch unless someone double or right clicks on it.

Aubs.
cool

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What about making the icon a solid image with the 255,0,255 color (transparency).. That will place mirc in the tray, and yet make it appear "invisible". I am not sure though, if the whole icon can be transparen.t It might howver, reject it. If so, just make the top left pixel black, or somthing to set it off. >:D

-KingTomato

Link Copied to Clipboard