Print Thread
#168405 08/01/07 08:47 AM
J
Janyy Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
J
I have a problem with zonealarm and mirc.
I allowed the mirc in the zonealarm program control, but i always get this message from mirc:

[09:45:17] * Connecting to irc.quakenet.org (6668)
-
[09:45:19] -irc.quakenet.org- [ Blocked by Zone Labs Security ]
-
[09:45:19] -irc.quakenet.org- [ Blocked by Zone Labs Security ]
-
[09:45:19] * Disconnected

What can i do with it?

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
search the forum, this has been explained quite a few times already

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's also not a bug, but a connection issue. smile

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
U
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
U
Yanno guys in the time and effort it takes to post a search the forum or it aint a bug reply you could of copy/paste the correct answer or said nothing.

Janyy: open zonealarm and click IM security select settings from the top and click advanced. If the block irc is checked then uncheck it and that should fix it.

Regards Ultraviolent

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
And if no one ever says to search the forum, then people will continue to ask questions that are answered hundreds of times (or even tens of times) and we'll have a LOT of basically duplicate posts that just make finding the correct answer that much more difficult. Also, I'm sure most of us don't really want to search the forum FOR someone. I don't use Zone Alarm -- I'd never use it no matter what -- so that would require searching the forum for the exact method for that firewall... the same thing the OP should be doing.

Invision Support
U
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
U
And yes that is fair enough but what did your post do to help? No link to the answer just a "its not a bug thing" sorry but to me thats a wasted post. I am not trying to dis you in anyway, I understand that we have different views. But if there is no value to the answer why post at all ? Unless you are wanting a big post number that is. Anyway I hope the user has the issue resolved and I wish him/her good luck on IRC.
Ultraviolent

Just a thought maybe the Zonealarm issue could be made into a sticky?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This post was originally in the bugs forum, where it should not be. Should all posts just go into random forums? That would just confuse everyone. Better to let people know the difference.

And, watch what you say regarding post counts. Look at the amount I help here and try saying that again.

Invision Support
U
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
U
I guess it must be true yes you have an impressive post count however looking at your amount of help given in this case yes I do wonder how many are helpful and how many are post counts, also I dont need to watch what I say. This discussion is over in more ways than 1
Thank you for your replies they have been most entertaining
Ultraviolent

W
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
W
Originally Posted By: ultraviolent
Yanno guys in the time and effort it takes to post a search the forum or it aint a bug reply you could of copy/paste the correct answer or said nothing.

Janyy: open zonealarm and click IM security select settings from the top and click advanced. If the block irc is checked then uncheck it and that should fix it.

Regards Ultraviolent

-zagreb.hr.eu.undernet.org- [ Blocked by ZoneAlarm Security ]
-
-zagreb.hr.eu.undernet.org- [ Blocked by ZoneAlarm Security ]
-
* Disconnected

I have same problem , I cant find Im security settings in the zone alarm free , pls help .

Last edited by WillRiker; 18/01/07 11:03 PM.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
U
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
U
I am not sure of the free version anymore but I can d/load it and see, however there are quite a few versions of zonealarm about now I wonder which one you have. Just a thought though if you have the free version which is a trial I believe then it only lasts 15 days, what is the point in unblocking it for 15 days?

Ultraviolent

P.S I have not actually used zonealarm for a number of years due to running linux so any help or info appreciated.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
ZoneAlarm is FREE for individual and not-for-profit charitable entity use (excluding governmental entities and educational institutions).

The free version is limited to firewall only, and is not a trial version.

to: WillRiker
You need to make sure ZoneAlarm is configured to allow your mirc to access the internet.

A
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
A
Searched the forum, as told, and found these answers:

check the IM tab
--> doesn't apply in the free version (latest)

uncheck "filter IP traffic over 1394"
--> didn't work

the mirc is all green in zone alarm. Never had this problem with previous versions of zone alarm (7.0.302.000)

internet protection is default to high
tried turning firewall off --> didn't work. "blocked by zone alarm"

interesting, while the zonealarm isn't supposed to be blocking anything ?:P

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
Well it looks like you have some options 1) upgrade to the paid version. 2)Uninstall it and use something else 3)send a report to their support staff

Sadly it would seem no one knows how to enable IRC in the free version perhaps its a bug in the software ?

Happy mIRC user on Linux
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Originally Posted By: Constantine

Sadly it would seem no one knows how to enable IRC in the free version perhaps its a bug in the software ?

There's no setting in the free version to "enable IRC" because there's no setting to disable it. If mIRC (or whatever IRC client you choose to use) is unable to connect, it is because you do not have all 4 boxes checked.

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
ive posted about this check here

while ($noob = $true) { .stfu }
O
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
O
I had to revert to ZoneAlarm 6.5.722 in order to use any irc(I couldn't get chatzilla to work either).

you can download it here.
http://tinyurl.com/2zm6v

Link Copied to Clipboard