mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
hello

i have a question,
is it possible to ban somebody mac-adress ?

maybe you know of dont know here in belgium and maybe other country also

will the provider reset the users ips
but it is not funny if they users have different ips many times

so is there a way to ban mac-adress so they can not connect again
even if the provider reset users ips

i know different ways to ban somebody but it is not the best way to block that user

thx a lot

HoSTinG,SheLL,IRCD
[url=Http://crazypalace.be][url=Http://crazypalace.be][url=Http://crazypalace.be][url=Http://crazypalace.be]Http://crazypalace.be[/url][/url][/url][/url]
irc.crazypalace.be
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
IRC servers don't use MAC addresses. As far as I know, most use the IPv4 protocol.

-genius_at_work

Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
yes i know that ipv4 and ipv6 but i wanna know if there is a solution to ban a user much better than now,
a ip ban of a ban on host is not the best solution so maybe ban the ip of the modem
but an netadmin can not see that ip and i dont know a code to ban that adress,so can the user not connect again under any solution ever , only if he buy a new modem wink

HoSTinG,SheLL,IRCD
[url=Http://crazypalace.be][url=Http://crazypalace.be][url=Http://crazypalace.be][url=Http://crazypalace.be]Http://crazypalace.be[/url][/url][/url][/url]
irc.crazypalace.be
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
If you can't see the MAC address, then how can you ban it? IRC servers don't use MAC addresses in any way. You could have 15 computers, and swap them all through the same IP address, and the server would never know. If an ISP allows its clients to change IPs at will, there is nothing you can do about it, besides making your ban more broad. Ex. 12.34.56.* instead of 12.34.56.78

-genius_at_work

Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
yes i know that,
but if you ban on that way you exicute also users they do notting,

but thanks anyway

HoSTinG,SheLL,IRCD
irc.crazypalace.be

Link Copied to Clipboard