Hoopy frood
C
/help /avoice

* cold edits his posts 24/7
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
personally, I prefer the /avoice list over if statements, variables, has tables, etc etc etc. It's cleaner (much less to code), easier to sort and easier to manipulate........................ at least it was FOR ME laugh

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
S
Guys i know all about /avoice, on joins etc. What i'm saying is:
If it is intentional that mirc notifies you whenever it was supposed to voice a user but it failed to do so because you weren't opped at the time, that's ok and my bad.
But it's not ok if mirc shows that message because it forgot to check your op status before attempting to voice someone. You know what i mean?
Either case this is a feature request i'm making here. I'd like to be able to get rid of that message somehow, without extra scripting.
I know i can code the on join and fix this but what about the regular user with the plain mirc and the built-in avoice list?
Why get flooded with useless messages that are turned on by default and cannot be disabled at will?
So to sum up, i'd like an option like 'hide/show failed avoice attempts' in the avoice dialog.
Anyway, take care smile

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I'm not sure I understand this. The autovoice system tries to voice someone only if you're an OP in the channel. If you're using /avoice, that message shouldn't appear. Therefore, I don't know how you're getting that message, but it's not through /avoice itself. So, if it's not through /avoice itself, there must be a script involved, which is the one to blame. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That is an IRC message (coming from the server, I mean). That's a reason for not being able to turn it off: it's not up to mIRC to decide if it's going to be shown or not, it's a server message. Also, one would probably want to know why a command (s)he sent to the server (MODE #chan +v nick) doesn't work.
If you don't want to receive it again, just halt its RAW numeric (482, if I'm right).

Code:
RAW 482:*:{ halt }

If the code above doesn't work, try this one:
Code:
RAW *:* You're not channel operator:{ halt }

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
No I don't know what you mean. mIRC is just doing what it's supposed to. Use:

if ($me isop $chan ) mode $chan +v $nick

Why waste your time complaining that mirc says yer not an op. When scripting for mirc, you take your collection of knowledge about how mirc & the server works and then you use the commands and identifiers to work with it.

If I were building a submarine, would I get mad that water is wet, that the pressure is great deep in the ocean? I take my knowledge and engineer my sub to handle these known factors. smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
He's talking about when you're not using a script. If you just add people to your auto-op or auto-voice list, mIRC will automatically op/voice them as long as /avoice and/or /aop is turned on without the need of a script. But, if you're not an op, you'll get errors and you'd have to write a script to avoid that.

I agree that mIRC shouldn't try to auto-op or auto-voice anyone if you're not an op and shouldn't give any errors, either. I've not tested it, but apparently it's trying to do both things.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well, it doesn't do that, like I said in my previous post. mIRC handles the autoop/autovoice/protect lists only when you're an OP.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Ok, as I said, I didn't test it because I don't use it. I have other methods of auto-op/voice that I prefer. If that's the case, then it's a script or something on his end that's causing it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard