mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Lpfix5 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
I normally access my account through Outlook Express but in this scenerio I was wondering if there would be a way to connect to the website http://webmail.vianet.ca enter the user/pass automatically by mIRC variables and login and check if theres you have (x) messages. Where x is the amount I want to know of new emails I have. I don't need anything fancy as in reading the emails in question or knowing what they are, I just want to be able to access the amount of New Emails possible

Might be complicated im not sure I tried a few sockets like Posting the info but I keep loosing connection and the socket becomes disconnected so I dont know no more I tried and tried

Thanks in advanced.

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
P
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
P
it might be getting rejected because the referer is invallid or unexistant. It's the way forms work like.
Solution:
dock your webmail into a dialog using nhtml_2.*.dll
I'm sure a quick google can return you it, download the Folken^ one because it's got several bugfixes and it works really sweet.

L
Lpfix5 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
Actually I did that and had my dialog window it works that way but I don't want to use that Im trying to use just simple sockets to keep the connection alive then post the info and submit it, then wait a few moments and pick up the new data and scan it for You have (x) messages.

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Why not use an e-mail script that's already been done? I've never used them, but I assume there are some decent ones out there.

Beyond that, do you have your socket script started? If so, post it (minus login info... change those to XXXXX's or else variables) and we can see if there are any obvious errors.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard