mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Piro Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
1) It would be rather convenient to be able to rearrange the channel buttons on the switchbar/treebar.
I tend to keep a strict channel join order, and I can't count the number of times I've accidentally closed a channel, then had to part all channels i joined afterwards just to get the order correct again.

2) Also, it would be useful to be able to 'dock' the nicklist and treebar together, for instance, one having the top half of the screen and the other having the bottom.
as it is right now, in most of my channels the nicklist only takes up about 1/5 of the screen height, the treebar taking about the same... their widths together, the amount of wasted space below them is quite large.

That aside, I'd like to personally applaud you guys on the recent advances in unicode support, it's been a big help. =)

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
1) This can be done through menu Window > Order.

* cold edits his posts 24/7
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I like the idea of number 2. xD

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
I keep saying this on channels, but I'm not sure I've mentioned it on here:

Floating treeview and floating switchbar options.

I tend to keep the channels I'm paying most attention to as desktop windows - around the edge of the screen while I'm doing other stuff. If I could minimise the main window, yet keep the treeview or switchbar on the desktop, that would be some more screen "real-estate" freed up smile

A thought I hadn't had previously - if it were floating, an extra option to dock the switchbar to a channel (either a specific one or the active one...) I suppose the same for the treeview, although I think I'd find it docking to the active window annoying, personally.

Sais
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
#2 would be kewl smile *signed*

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
P
Piro Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
@cold: Ah, I was unaware of that. the window dialog is kinda unintuitive/confusing to use though, took me a few seconds to figure out what the heck i was looking at; maybe it's just lack of sleep.

I would still love to see a 'draggable tabs' type feature like in tabbed browsers, or right-click options for switchbar buttons like 'move left/up' and 'move right/down'. It'd be perfect for making quick adjustments, and ordering things that aren't quite important enough for the more permanent arrangement that the window order dialog provides.

Thanks though for mentioning window>order, I'm rather surprised that nobody I IRC with has known about it.

Last edited by Piro; 02/02/07 12:31 PM.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I agree. That dialog is a little confusing and button dragging would be nice.

* cold edits his posts 24/7

Link Copied to Clipboard