mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Ah, that's better, but not perfect yet.

There still is a problem due to the fact that IE renders the horizontal scrollbar inside the space alotted for the block. A similar problem for images is discussed here http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread567473.html and there seems to be a solution here;
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/javascript/synd/2002/11/15/css_pitfalls.html?page=3

Krejt #166327 09/12/06 04:29 PM
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
How about this instead:

.ubbcode-block {
margin: 5px 2em;
background: #FFF;
border: 1px solid #AAAA11;
padding: 0px;
border-spacing: 0px;
//width: expression(document.body.clientWidth * 7 / 11);
//overflow-x: auto;
}

-genius_at_work

Krejt #166333 09/12/06 05:02 PM
Riamus2 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
The scrollbar issue seems to be that it puts the scrollbar into the code box rather than outside of it. I don't know if you can get the scrollbar outside of the code box, but if not, then I think your only real option is to automatically insert 1-2 <br>'s or <p>'s after all code in a code tag. That will give you the necessary height you need.

I don't think just putting a minimum height for the code box will work because the vertical scrollbar may not appear if you have just the right numer of lines for the height of the code box, which will result in the bottom line being hidden by the horizontal scrollbar. I could be wrong about that, though. I don't have UBB to test with.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Nope, that hides the last (or only) line :-)

Krejt #166382 10/12/06 03:38 AM
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Here is my latest attempt:

.ubbcode-block {
margin: 5px 2em;
background: #FFF;
border: 1px solid #AAAA11;
padding: 0px;
border-spacing: 0px;
//width: expression(document.body.clientWidth * 7 / 11);
//overflow: auto;
//height: 200px;
}
.ubbcode-header {
display: block;
font-weight: bold;
padding: 4px;
color: #666666;
background: #EEEECC;
border-bottom: 1px solid #AAAA11;
font-size: 8pt;
}
.ubbcode-body {
margin: 4px;
max-width: 100%;
max-height: 300px;
font-size: 10pt;
display: block;
overflow: auto;
}

I was at a point where I almost had it perfect, except I was bouncing back and forth between showing multi-line codes and showing single-line codes. I couldn't get it to show both properly at the same time, so the best I could come up with is to set a fixed height for ALL code windows, regardless of how many lines there are. It looks kinda rediculous to me, but I can't get it any better.

-genius_at_work

Riamus2 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Has anyone posted the issue on UBB's forum? Maybe they can fix it themselves and offer a hotfix for it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Originally Posted By: genius_at_work
Here is my latest attempt: ....
I was at a point where I almost had it perfect, except I was bouncing back and forth between showing multi-line codes and showing single-line codes. I couldn't get it to show both properly at the same time, so the best I could come up with is to set a fixed height for ALL code windows...
Hmm.. I agree that was the last option, but it didn't like the fixed size very much. Thanks for all your help, I learned a lot and we improved it somewhat! I'll point Rick (author of UBBT) to this discussion and ask him to make a solution in UBBT. thanks again,
Tjerk.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
I know many people hate IE with a passion, but the fact is that the majority of people still use it and it is best to make things work for the majority of people whenever possible. smile

From the viewpoint of someone who's wanting to please as many users as possible, you're entirely right, but for the good of the www I think all hugely popular websites should write standards-compliant code without hacks for internet explorer to either make people move or make Microsoft buck up their ideas and fix their damn browser. I imagine someone like Myspace doing this would have a huge impact.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard