mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Riamus2 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
A useful ability in the old forum was that you could write code that included color tags so that you could highlight certain parts of the code for a person. Apparently, you can't do this anymore. This is something that really should be changed ... Any old posts that used that will no longer show colors, but will show the color tags within the code and will just confuse people.

Example:
Code:
on *:text:[color:red]!help[/color]:#: { }

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Sorry, I'm not going to fiddle with things like that; it won't stick in a new UBBT version or I'd have to do changes like that after every upgrade... This really is something that should be fixed in main stream UBBT.

Tjerk.

Ps. You could of course issue a bug report at http://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/3/page/1 ?

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
I wouldnt count that as a bug after all if you were helping someone to use BBCode you would enclose it in the code tags.

It's just that this forum helps with other codes! it's a mIRCforum preference really.

btk

Last edited by billythekid; 09/12/06 08:16 PM.

billythekid
Riamus2 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Well, a quote from a UBB Developer...

Originally Posted By: Rick
We actually used to do this, but there were times when people wanted color to not be translated. Definitely needs to be something to highlight a section of a code. I'll look into it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
They could use \ as an escape character, like some sites/forums do.

\[b\] = plaintext [b].

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
or just have a checkbox with "disable colour in code box" like the YaBB "Disable smilies" box, in the post options part of the posting form. that way if we want to show forum code you click the 'no formatting' option, otherwise it defaults to show colours.

btk

billythekid

Link Copied to Clipboard