Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
U
need help in these...

; Problemo Nomero 1.

on 1:TEXT:*:#:{
if (* $+ $me $+ * iswm $1-) {
echo -dt 4*** $date $time 14( $+ 4 $+ $nick $+ 14) in channel ( $+ 4 $+ $chan $+ 14) said: 10 $1-
}
;
; I want to have: Auto #chan $Nick filled in that Edit Box.

; Problemo Nomero. 2

ON *:START: {
strip +bur+c
}
; Are there any other way? May be in Variables?
; echo *** (COLOR pains my eyes! )

; PS: what are the diffrences between:
; /ignore$$1 and /ignore$1
; ./ and /

Last edited by uri; 05/12/06 11:54 PM.
uri #166077 06/12/06 12:46 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Your first one should display the channel and nick, but here's a slightly improved version for you.

Code:
on 1:TEXT:*:#:{
  if ($me isin $strip($1-)) {
  echo -dt 04*** $date $time 14(04 $+ $nick $+ 14) in channel (04 $+ $chan $+ 14) said:10 $1-
}

For the $$1 and $1 question, $$1 prevents the command from running if there isn't a $1. If you use $1, the command will try to run anyhow and may produce an error if it needs $1.

Using a . in front of a command "silences" the command's output. This let's you avoid seeing unnecessary things. For example, if I wanted to have my script /notice people with a welcome message whenever someone joins my channel, but I don't want to see when I send that message, I can use .notice instead of notice. From the command line, you'd use /.notice ... from a script, you don't need the / for any commands.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
uri #166079 06/12/06 12:57 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Problem #1) What edit box? You have an ON TEXT event checking if your nick is said anywhere in the message, and if it is, you have a message echoed back to you. At no point is an edit box indicated.
Not mentioned, but you also have a possible doubling effect of the date and/or time due to the t switch in the echo command (for the timestamp) and the forced $date $time

Problem #2) strip +burc also works to strip everything (you currently have strip +bur+c)
If you only want some of those items stripped, and/or only some of the time (rather than all of the time), you'll need to edit your scripts using $strip(<variable or identifier with text>,<burc>)
using b to strip bold, u to strip underlining, r to strip reverse characters and c to strip colours.

Re: Your PS:
/ignore $$1 forces an entry for $1 or the command is ignored.
/ignore $1 will try to run, even if there's nothing passed for $1
Please note the space between the /ignore command and the $1 (or $$1) parameter...it is required

The difference between ./ and / is that the . (also called a full stop for this purpose) makes the command quiet, which means that the command is not shown on the client running the code.
Related note: When scripting, the / is not required for a command, so echo and /echo are the same.

Link Copied to Clipboard