mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
D
(apologies if this is already possible or been suggested before)

This could be done either in the highlight dialog or maybe creating a new switch for /ignore or modifying the -k switch.

I run a bot that runs mircstats and gives a list of the top few active nicks every so often and i keep getting badgered as to how they can stop the bot making their highlight beep while them still being listed. I've looked through the help file and all the options i can find and still can't see a way of doing it (but if there is an easy way please enlighten me).

I know it can be scripted using on ^*:text but a lot of people have no idea about scripting and they could end up doing something stupid like on ^*:text:*:*:{ haltdef } and end up having to come here and bother all of you to fix it for them :tongue:

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
A way of exempting a nick or address in highlighting would
be cool. In the meantime could you make your bot insert a
character into the displayed nicks? Like turning RoCk into
RoCk? So if they have $me in their highlighting, it won't
be detected as their nick but still looks the same on the
channel. Just a thought.

= double ctrb+b

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
Quote:
<snip> they could end up doing something stupid like on ^*:text:*:*:{ haltdef } and end up having to come here and bother all of you to fix it for them :tongue:

that's what we are here for, fixing the mistakes of those willing to at least try it for themselves.

I'm also for this idea, I'm generally for anythign thats 'switchable' since those who use it can and those who don't, don't need to.

btk

Last edited by billythekid; 29/11/06 07:34 PM.

billythekid

Link Copied to Clipboard