mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
Hello all,
Sorry to bother but i came around a few questions.
I am trying to ignore all "welcome back" script that are just annoying, since they highlight windows without a reason, clutter visual space and more.

So i thought i'd do something like:
on *:TEXT:*WB*:#: { haltdef }
but this doesnt seem to stop the welcome back to appear in the window. It does catch the event but doesnt stop it from appearing. Is there anyway to do that?

Another question would be, how does one "protect" * as a letter, that is i want to match .*\*WB.* in regexp form.

Finally if anyone sees a way not so hard to have highlight on some channels but not other, i'd be willing to hear about it, because while i want most chan to get highlighted on talk, i'd like some to stay silent in my windows bar.

Thanks for any hints,

DeathWolf

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
1 use on ^*:text:*WB*:#: { haltdef }
2 use $chr(42) for *
3 click the left icon in the channels title bar and go to flashing and make your selections.

btk

billythekid
D
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
Quote:
1 use on ^*:text:*WB*:#: { haltdef }

Thanks, that seems to work.

Quote:
2 use $chr(42) for *

That seems to do it too, great!

Quote:
3 click the left icon in the channels title bar and go to flashing and make your selections.

That actually didnt work.
What i mean is not the highlighting that flashes, but the color change on activity(that is, it goes from black to read on activity by default if i'm not wrong)

So that one still goes on even with the flashing forced to off.
I'm guessing only something that would intercept all messages in the chan and repaste them as echo might work for that... although a bit weird. If anyone knows a better way/has already done that, i'd like to know.

Thanks,

DeathWolf

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
oh i see what you mean, the options/display colours...

I dont know of a way using options, that allows you to make that channel specific.

You could of course script the echo technique i suppose.

/help /haltdef will explain the ^ prefix better

btk

Last edited by billythekid; 26/11/06 02:17 PM.

billythekid

Link Copied to Clipboard