mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#165255 24/11/06 11:22 AM
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
I think the most significant addition is the new Anchored Help Chm Version %) The old one is not compatible with Windows Vista.

A really hard job to do, once I made this myself, you must go to each page and add anchors to each subtopic ;o) After, each keyword from index must be linked to the right page and anchor. (a optional thing is to make use of css and clean all html, mine look much more cleaner ;p)
Anyway it was fun to apply diferent technic to speed up that process %)

Now a updated Chm Anchored Help version at every release, it's good M$ decide to remove .hlp support ; )

Congrats %)

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
#165256 24/11/06 01:38 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
dont like what kmd made of treebar
looks like [censored] now.

and higlight options are still non edited via cmd which sux even more.

only good thig was .chm help :P

IceCapped
#165257 24/11/06 07:56 PM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I disagree with you, another wonderful feature is the way the servers are now listed. I LIKE that new method - I prefer it over the old method. Makes more sence to me smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
#165258 24/11/06 08:54 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What did they do to the treebar?

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?
#165259 26/11/06 07:13 AM
J
Jae Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
Quote:
What did they do to the treebar?

I'm sure they looked at using a treebranch or treelog or such, but they decided to be environmentally friendly and went for the treebar option, it also has many cost savings as downloading parts of tree's over the internet can be troublesome.
Also, saw dust doesn't have the same effect as a treebar, whatever the case some of the latest versions of mirc have been pretty stable so not everyone *need* to upgrade.
If you don't need bug fix's as none to my knowledge are security risks, so unless you need something in the latest version why worry for now?

cheers

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Originally Posted By: landonsandor
I disagree with you, another wonderful feature is the way the servers are now listed. I LIKE that new method - I prefer it over the old method. Makes more sence to me smile

it does make more sense but I would have loved to see a more standard 'treeview' implementation with [+] before the folders and lines depicting which server is with which folder (see Explorer folder view)

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Link Copied to Clipboard