mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
Hi i have been using Christian Command bot script ( http://www.havenofbliss.com/christiancommand/ ) for 2 years now and it has never been updated by its author since 2002, in fact most options no longer work except the Bible part. What i am seeking is for someone to get that script and rip the Bible verses part out of it and make it an addon - since the other options like !seen, badwords, autovoice, trivia, mp3 player, etc are of no use to me anyway I would like to be able to have just the part that displays Bible verses to the room on demand. I have all 4 Bible translations that work with it and are no longer available on the site - email me if you need them.

I know this is alot to ask but maybe there is a Christian or a good person out there that wouldn't mind doing it. I know there is a big demand for an addon like this because many people have gotten the full script from me.

I have attempted to contact the author several times over the years with no reponse so I assume the script is abandonware now.

thanks, please dont flame me for asking about this i know i am asking alot for free.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I can write you one that will give you access to many versions of the Bible, if you like. I am not at home right now, so cannot do it right now, but if you are interested, please come to the channel listed in my signature around 8-9pm EST any day this week to remind me (I have a bad memory, unfortunately). I'd be happy to write it for you.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Update:

I think I have the script finished. I want to do some more testing before I make it available, but it should be available sometime on Tuesday.

What it does:

!bible help
--- Displays how to use the !bible command and also a list of the Bible versions supported.

!bible John 3:16
--- Displays the verse in the default version (NIV)

!bible John 3:16 KJV
--- Displays the verse in the King James Version (there are 9 versions I am including, see below)

!bible John 3:16-17
--- Displays the verses in the default version (NIV)
--- Can also be done with a specific version as seen above

!bible marriage
--- Displays a listing of the first 10 usages of "marriage" in the Bible using the default version (NIV)

!bible marriage KJV
--- Displays a listing of the first 10 usages of "marriage" in the Bible using the King James Version

Versions currently supported:
NIV (New International Version)
NASB (New American Standard Bible)
NLT (New Living Translations)
KJV (King James Version)
NKJV (New King James Version)
21KJV (21st Century King James Version)
ASV (American Standard Version)
YLT (Young's Living Translation)
NLV (New Life Version)

I can add more easily, if wanted. Note that you just stick the acronym at the end of the search to use that version (as shown with KJV above).

Example outputs:
<me> !bible John 3:16
<bot> John 3:16 (New International Version)
<bot> "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

<me> !bible John 3:16-17
<bot> John 3:16-17 (New International Version)
<bot> "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

<me> !bible marriage
<bot> First 10 Results for "marriage": Genesis 29:26, Exodus 2:21, Leviticus 21:4, Deuteronomy 22:13, Deuteronomy 22:16, Deuteronomy 23:2, Joshua 15:16, Joshua 15:17, Judges 1:12, Judges 1:13

Note in the first example that there is an "[a]" in the verse. That is a footnote. I'm not including footnotes in the output, but I decided to leave the note in the verse that says there is a footnote so that people can look it up if they want to.

In the second example, you see the second verse number listed so that you can see where it changes verses.

The only issue I'm having right now is that sometimes it won't respond (the socket). I'll look into it and see what I come up with.

Invision Support
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Btw, you'll be able to search exact phrases by using quotes like you would on Google, or multiple words (not necessarily all in the same verse) without quotes.

I'll have this out tonight. A few more tests and it should be ready.

Invision Support
J
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
thanks alot, i really appreciate this. If you want to email it to me my addy is jesuspaid4u (at) gmail.com

thanks again I have been trying to get to your chat room but have been away at that time.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The script is online. I think I have the bugs worked out. Please try it out and let me know if you think it needs anything to make it better.

http://www.KakkoiiTranslations.net/mircscripts/BibleIRCViewer.html

(Ignore the poor looking page... I did it really quickly just to get it up for download)

*As a note, my site seems to go down every now and then for a minute or two, so if you get a 404 error on the page, just try again in a couple of minutes.

Invision Support
J
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
I installed it and it works great, i even figured out how to add more bible versions (i wanted CEV) and i made kjv the default. Thanks alot i really appreciate it. I am running it now in www.JesusChatRoom.com

thanks again
-Eric

J
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
There is one thing though, sometimes the verses are too long and the end gets cut off, maybe if there was a way to get it to send the first so many characters on one line then the rest on another. But even with this problem the script is the best i have seen for posting verses.
Thanks again

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Which verse(s) are too long so I can test it out?

I can definitely split them across multiple lines.

I do have a new version ready to go out. But I'm having issues with my site and can't upload it. It's rather annoying. frown

Invision Support
J
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
I added the Message and it always combines verses so almost any are too long, also alot in Amplified are that way too.
John 3:16 (The Message) is one i know off hand.

If you need a host i would be glad to set you up a sub account under my domain or host your domain free if you have one. I have a reseller account.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I mean a single verse (or the maximum of 3). I purposely limited it to 3 verses to prevent it being too long. Yes, the entire John 3:16 message is longer than 3 verses, but it was designed for 1-3 verses at a time. That isn't to say I may not go ahead and increase it a bit.

As for hosting, I may take you up on it... I just have to see how much trouble it is to move my forums. I do like my host, but it has been down all day today and it's had downtimes now and then of a couple minutes here or there.

Invision Support
D
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
D
Riamus, I just found this thread in my own search for an irc biblebot. I really hope the project is not dead, if you are in need of help finding hosting or moving your forums i would be more than happy to help. Just give a small shout to let us know you're still alive here smile

J
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
The script will no longer work, We have used it everyday for years but now it just says "no such verse" I think something may have changed at the site it was getting the verses from...I was just wondering if anyone could fix this for me.

Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard