mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#164303 10/11/06 09:31 AM
G
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
G
I am trying to code a trigger in whisper so that when an op (host) wants to host up he can type the trigger in the scripts whisper to make the action (to host up)

this code works for the trigger in the main channel

Code:
on host:TEXT:!host:#:/mode # +o $nick

but when i try the following code for the trigger to work in whisper i have no result .....

can someone help me plz im obviously missing something ... or maybee alot lol

Code:
on host:TEXT:!host:?:/mode  # +o $nick

i spent hours working out how to make a trigger in whisper to display a message in the main room for hosts only (ops only) ..... which is as follows :-

Code:
  on Host:TEXT:*'forum*:?: {  msg $comchan($nick,1) %webfont (*)OPERATOR NOTICE(*)   Please take a look at our BBW Forum click this link http://www.bbw-international.info/BBW 
}

#164304 10/11/06 12:48 PM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Quote:
I am trying to code a trigger in whisper so that when an op (host) wants to host up he can type the trigger in the scripts whisper to make the action (to host up)

this code works for the trigger in the main channel

Code:
on host:TEXT:!host:#:/mode # +o $nick

but when i try the following code for the trigger to work in whisper i have no result .....

can someone help me plz im obviously missing something ... or maybee alot lol

Code:
on host:TEXT:!host:?:/mode  # +o $nick

There's no channel in a query smile You'd have to work it out probably using $comchan(). Rather like you did in you otehr example. But note that you may be on more than one common channel with the person...

As an aside, it would help the old-time IRCers (like myself) if you could use the normal IRC terminology:
"whisper" is "query" or "privmsg"
"host up" would be "op" or "get ops" or "be given ops".

Sais

Link Copied to Clipboard