mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
J
I'm using Kaspersky's Active Virus Shield, and no matter how I tell it to ignore the directory where I have mIRC installed, it eventually 'finds' it and deletes the .exe file telling me it's a 'riskware' -- any suggestions?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Most good virus programs will not tell you there is a problem with mIRC, or will just notify you that it's installed and let you decide what to do with it. mIRC *can* be a problem because some people do make trojans that use it, and some make it run hidden so that it does things without you even knowing it's being used. However, if you scan your computer regularly and keep track of what programs are running on your computer, you should have no problems with it. Those are really just warning in case you do not know it is installed.

Your options are:

1) Contact the company that puts out the virus scanner and ask them to remove mIRC from their automatic detection/removal. They may or may not do that, but you can try.

2) Use something else. There are many good antivirus programs out there that have no problems with mIRC, including free ones such as AVG.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard