mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#163015 25/10/06 11:38 AM
B
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
B
Hey, I want to make a bot. I know what I want it to do and I know where to put the code but i'm not sure how I get it into my channel and how do i name the bot.... things that would be answered in a help file on bots or something that i couldn't find.

Anyone have the patience to give me step-by-step directions?

Last edited by brodie4416; 25/10/06 11:39 AM.
#163016 25/10/06 12:09 PM
L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
what kind of bot do u want?

#163017 25/10/06 02:14 PM
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
You could try a ready-made bot with multiple personalities:

http://www.mircstorm.co.uk/

Sam Hamwich
-Build a Better Mousetrap, and They Will Build A Smarter Mouse-
#163018 25/10/06 03:41 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I'm not sure what kind I want, what are my options?

and i've found this, http://www.free2code.net/plugins/articles/read.php?id=223 can somebody tell me if this would be a good guide for a beginner?

#163019 25/10/06 10:27 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
For a beginner, I would not recommend that as a start point.
What you should do is think about what it is you want your bot to do, and don't worry about getting everything covered all at once. One nice thing about mIRC scripting, is that it's adjustable depending on your specific circumstances.

If you want to create your own, I suggest you read through the help file, and if you see something in the description that indicates an area that you haven't read yet, then read that section first.

It's not uncommon to find sections in the help file that refer back to other sections, but there's also no need to worry about what section to read first.

That tutorial is more for a person with an intermediate to high level of experience already.

There are several tutorials available on mIRC.net

#163020 26/10/06 12:55 AM
B
OP Offline
B
I know exactly what i want it to do, i want it to have a "bad word" part of it that will kick ppl for using words on my list, and i want it to be able to call up information when i type things. like !alterstatus would give me the status at the altar which any op could change...

#163021 27/10/06 04:01 PM
C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
For that i recommend you to pickup the mIRC Help File avaliable in many sites of mIRC Scripting, and when you got the Help File you need read some topics like On Text Events and some identifiers like $nick $chan, etc.

Read more about as possible you can, to understand how it works and then you be able to do such Bots too =)!
Any problems or questions ask here for help.

Thats all

The practice do the Master...
#163022 27/10/06 08:05 PM
L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
Until about three years ago I ran a bot on several major channels on a small network. It was all mIRC script, I scipted all of it myself, and in addition to the usual array of bot functions it was (as much as mIRC running on a cable connection can be) our little network's version of Services. It registered users, it registered channels, and it had customizable settings for each. So I guess you could say I know how to make a bot.

Asking, "How do I make a bot?" is like asking, "How do I build a house?" It's not something that can be explained in a couple minutes or even a couple days. A couple months maybe, since that's about how long it took me to script my bot. That's actual SCRIPTING time. It doesn't count time spent at work, asleep, in school, or waiting for the latest version of mIRC to come out to see what new toys Khaled had for me to play with. With all that time thrown in we're talking maybe five years.

Anyway, to answer your question I've written a guide for scripting your own mIRC bot. This guide is based on my personal learning experience and will tell you how to make any kind of bot you want:

Lymril's Beginning Guide to Scripting Bots in mIRC:

• Open mIRC.
    Click "Help" on the menu bar.
    Read EVERYTHING.
    Read everything AGAIN.
    Do all of the examples.
    Think of BETTER examples (it's not hard).
    Make an alias.
    Make a remote event trigger an alias.
    Make a lot of really complicated aliases.
    Make a lot of remote events trigger a lot of really complicated aliases.

Version 1.0 of your bot is now complete.

#163023 28/10/06 08:14 PM
B
OP Offline
B
ty ty ty Lymril, i will do what you said and then i'll repost my new questions.

Link Copied to Clipboard