mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#161701 10/10/06 03:44 AM
G
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
G
I just finished working on version 2 of my channel protection script, and I am looking for people who are willing to beta test the script.

If you want to beta test, just download the code from here:

http://rafb.net/paste/results/mUwwVI67.html

Load the script into the remotes of your mIRC (preferably with no other scripts).

Please post your comments/questions/bugs here, or to me via PM.

Thanks for your help.

-genius_at_work

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I hate this script it has no bugs.

jk its a nice addon thanks genius at work it can't all be tested in one event. So we will see what happens so far so good for char trigger

Found a bug already if your not on Chanserv AOP list it keeps trying to OP you.

[12:00am] -> *chanserv* op #chat FC9844
-
[12:00am] -ChanServ- Access denied.

Last edited by Lpfix5; 10/10/06 04:00 AM.

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
Aha!!!
I was starting to think that you had forgotten!

I'm gonna load it up right away!

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Heh i like the $chr(9) in the dialog declaration :tongue:.
Dont you use the mIRC Remote ?

$maybe
G
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
G
@LPFix5:

I forgot to mention that you need to alter the /prot.opme alias at the beginning of the script so that it conforms to your specific network. Use $1 as the channel name and $me as the bot's nick.

@MPDreamz:

I do all my coding from the standard mIRC script editor, and I don't use any cheater dialog creating programs. :P The tabs in the dialog declaration look fine in the default mIRC editor font (courier?), but other fonts don't seem to like it that much.

@All:

The way I tested the script was to make a script in another mIRC that would do certain floods when I typed a command in the channel. This may not be possible on the networks you use (most have user limits).

-genius_at_work

B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
the url is not working =/

At Your Service.
G
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
G

B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
thanks =D

At Your Service.
O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
I only just loaded the script. I couldnt find find time for it before.
First of all, I love the dialog. Its really fancy and it gives ya very good options to configure the protection. The multi-channel support is also pretty neat. I didn't find any bugs so far, and I doubt I will.

I do have some minor suggestions.
Basicly like before... still. The meaning of all the protections, is still not very clear to me. Ofcourse I can lookup your explanation from before, but other users might not be able to find that. I would love something like little question marks behind the different protection settings, giving an explanation of the protection. Like "scroll total", by just looking at it, I have no idea what it means....

When loading the script, it couldn't find the control panel at first. Later on, I found it in the right-click menu in status window. Perhaps a brief echo in the status window would make this easier to find. Easier for getting-started.

Regarding the lock-down channel modes setting. Perhaps its an idea to grab the supported channel modes from the server notices that you receive when the client starts up. This could make the configuration of it easier.

It's just suggestions. I love it already the way it is.
If I find other things, I will let you know.

Very nice script imo.

Link Copied to Clipboard