mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#161419 07/10/06 12:50 AM
E
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
E
i have sattelite connection to the internet for receiving and dail up connection for sending. when i try to download a file from mirc i don't get the full speed.
there is a proxy number and a port number. i tried to use them but i didn't get a binifit.

please help me on that.

#161420 07/10/06 01:35 AM
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Your receiving speed depends on the path you have to the sender and the sender's speed. It has very little, if anything, to do with your end.

#161421 07/10/06 04:53 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
What type of speed do u get the firle sent to you at?
What is the max speed you can be sent to at?

Be aware that dcc packets requerer you to acknoledge them being recieved (although this is cached) which means your send speed to some degree effects your recieve speed.

#161422 07/10/06 03:57 PM
E
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
E

my speed is 256 and downloading speed is about 28

the max speed i get on mirc is 4 KB/sec

which almost the same as uploading speed

Quote:
your send speed to some degree effects your recieve speed

is this the reason ?

does this mean that i cant get downloading speed more than 4 KB/sec ??
confused

#161423 08/10/06 02:59 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
256kbit down i assume u mean, which means 32K max download speed (kbits ar 1/8th of Kbytes aka 256 / 8 = 32)
This would equate to your 28K known download speed (giving a bit for transmission maybe some over head here or ther etc)

Now the reason your getting at 4Kbytes a second, i have a feeling might be that the data is comming back in the dialup connection, i havent seen how saterlite creates a dual return pipe, does the saterlite need to be accessed by way of proxey services or is it a transparent device that needs no settings for it what so ever?

I would not consider 4Kb acceptable even on dialup as it should be 5Kb+ only 1 difference but 1 here is 25% more!

What is the result of you starting a second get, does each get go at 4Kb or close to it, or do each half to around 2Kb meaning your totalling only 4Kb?

If it is the first (4Kb each) then it may well be the outbound speed you have to acknoledge packets (do you see a high speed for a few seconds at the start of the download?)

if its the second (2Kb each) I would think its not using the saterlite to bring the info back in, rather its comming in the modem (this might be a limit of what ports the saterlite returns info on, with other ports being returned through the modem, if so then u could set the dcc ports in mirc to use a range inclosed in that range of the saterlite)

Sorry i cant give any closer advise.

PS: always a chance im completely off track as well sorry. Hmmmm Sun spot activity? LOL!

#161424 09/10/06 10:14 PM
E
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
E

DaveC

the speed is almost 5 .. if I downloaded more than one file it became less for each file ..

I disconnected the sattelite wire and mirc didn't disconnected.

this means as you said that mirc is useing the dail-up connection

is there a way to download through the sattelite connection ? confused

#161425 10/10/06 08:30 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Ask your profider what services are cached/returned to you via the saterlite verses what returns to you via the wired line, there maybe a range of ports that are directed to be returned via the saterlite, if you can set your mirc dcc ports to be the same as these (this may interfere with other services or might not hard to tell off hand) then the redirection of returning data may well pass through the saterlite, two possable ports to try off hand for dcc ports (set same port for first and last at mirc/tools/optiosn/connect/options/advanced port:80 or 1080) if they dont help then ask your isp if there are some, tell them some rubbish about your friend in litherwanea wants to send you some pictures but there country is so poor thay can only afford to share 1 internet connection between 50 familys so you have to do it fast! otherwise i can bet the reply you well get is "we dont support mirc"

#161426 12/10/06 12:17 AM
E
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
E
I called the technical support team . they barely know mirc !

they don't know how to get better downloading speed

i think they are from litherwanea , lol

Quote:
(set same port for first and last at mirc/tools/optiosn/connect/options/advanced port:80 or 1080)

I tried this one but not working

who can solve this problem ?

Link Copied to Clipboard