Print Thread
#161394 06/10/06 07:48 PM
P
pouncer Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
P
im trying to build a multi server connection for servers like phreikchat,buzzen etc etc

but say im in 5 rooms this means 5 server windows open (5 status screens)

how can i hide the 4 status screens? so visibly, it looks like a single server con

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
If you haven't upgraded to mIRC 6.2, then you can hide the status windows using /window -h "status window"
Please note that this will hide all of your status windows, and does NOT work in 6.2. The fact that it doesn't work in 6.2 has been mentioned in the bug reports section a few times, and was reported almost as soon as 6.2 was released.

You should only have one status screen for each connection, and, normally you'll only have one connection per network, not per channel that you're in (unless you're only in one channel for each network).

I've tried a number of different possibilities to obtain this same style in 6.2, but, so far, I've had no success. Hopefully Khaled will manage to fix the /window -h command so that it works as in previous versions. Additional note, the /window -h command will hide other windows, it just seems to be failing when trying to hide the status window.

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
I keep all my status windows in exactly the same place, so it looks as if I only have 1. The one that's on top is the one for the network that has the active channel window, and that switches as I switch channel windows.

P
pouncer Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
P
how do you do that? custom switchbar?

Last edited by pouncer; 07/10/06 12:08 PM.
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
From Khaled:

Quote:

It may be possible to allow the hiding of the status window again with /window -h however since the status window acts as the root window for all windows on its server connection, it might reintroduce bugs if it's not visible in the switchbar. I'll see what I can do.

Just have to keep your fingers crossed smile

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Thanks hixxy. I thought I'd seen a reply from Khaled on the subject, just wasn't able to locate it in my search.

Link Copied to Clipboard