Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
a friend told me a proxy to use so i configured it in my Proxy settings in Internet Explorer and i still had the same IP # as before. then i tried the DHCP thing. i set up my ip address,gateway,etc under properties in TCP/IP and turned off DHCP. still could not get on MIRC. i am running out of ideas. this makes no sense. If i get on the java chat online i can get on with no problems,but not MIRC itself. frown this stinks.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Is this happening with all networks, or just one? If just one, which network? Are you unable to connect at all with mIRC, or do you connect and then get disconnected? I've noticed that some people have been asking for scripts that would automatically disconnect any client besides java for their network. (Personally I think that sounds like a bit of a contradiction, asking for a script that runs on mIRC to prevent mIRC from connecting, but that's (possibly) irrelevant to your problem).

If you connect and then get disconnected, please post the disconnection notice (it will probably help a lot).

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
well i do get disconnected occasionally from MIRC but the problem lies on getting connected. If i press connect it'll keep searching servers constantly. it'll show the ip number of that server at the bottom but no room list popup. then when i do get one,if it doesn't match my ip number,i can't enter the room,as someone from mirc help had me put a code in perform that won't let me unless it matches my ip number as i have an fserve. I was on the phone earlier with my ISP which is comcast and he told me about this site called "shields up" i went there and he noticed on my port forwarding site at comcast that i had 113-113 which is the ports for executing MIRC. he had me type 113 in the line and the test came back as "open" so that meant that the test came back ok. He then had me type in 4000 and 5000 which are the 2 port ranges for DCC i have up. both numbers came up as "Stealth" i think this might be part of the problem now. i changed it to 4000-4050 but i don't know if it changed much. Think this might be the problem? if so,let me know,and what i can do to solve this.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Those reports have three responses...Open, Stealth and Closed.
Open means that information can freely flow along that port.
Stealth means that the port is partially open (eg: you can send from that port, but if someone tried to access your system via that port, they would be denied access)
Closed means that no information can be transferred.

I know, the first and last of those three explanations are pretty self-evident.

Again, I ask, do you have this problem with all networks, or just the one? If just the one, which network is it? I can't realistically provide you with answers to your problem if I'm unable to test my suspicions. I know I could tell you to try suggestion A, then wait for you to try it and get back to me if it worked or not. Then, if it didn't work, we'd have to do the same process with suggestion B, C, D, E, ....

A lot faster for me to get the network name from you, then try all of the possibilities until I find one that works.

Regarding that code someone had you put into your perform section, could you also post it (editing any personal information that may exist), so that I can review it and see just what it does?

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
what do you mean by one or all 3? i have only one PC. and the only network that i know of is comcast. anyway here is the codes i have in perform:

/localinfo -u
//.timerpingself [ $+ [ $network ] ] -o 0 60 if ($server) .ctcp $!me ping
timer 1 5 if (192.168.* iswm $ip) /localinfo -u
/identify 42569

i think the middle one was supposed to not let me in until it found my local ip but it also pinged me so i wouldn't disconnect i think. But anyway,i hope this helps. I'm sorry to bug you so much but i really want my MIRC to work perfectly again.

N
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
N
the best and tou are sore its worcks

http://www.aliveproxy.com/irc-proxy-list/

{noiprocs-hunky-scorpion}
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I should've listed the possible responses as Open, Stealth or Closed...since the port check will only return one of those three options.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
is this a dsl conenction?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
the only network that i know of is comcast.

Comcast is not a network. It is your ISP. A network would be Dalnet, Efnet, Wondernet, Undernet, etc.

Try this and see if you connect easily:

/server irc.undernet.org

As far as I know, undernet doesn't have problems on any of its servers (as long as you have the latest servers.ini file from this site). As such, it should connect quickly every time without having it try a variety of IPs.

Your problem with serving is a router setup problem. The code you entered in Perform isn't really going to help you. If you get your router set up correctly, then it won't be needed at all. Have you gone to portforward.com? Have you picked the brand of router you are using from the list? Have you chosen mIRC DCC? Have you followed all of the steps, one by one?

Beyond that, you can try changing how you have local info obtained (I think I mentioned that already). Alt-O > Connect > Local Info. Try host instead of IP or Normal instead of Server, or whatever. Try all of these combinations:

Host/Server
IP/Server
Host/Normal
IP/Normal

Btw, just as explanation, your router has NAT by the sound of it. That often can cause the IP info to be displayed incorrectly if not set up correctly. I had that problem originally, but changed the setup and haven't had the problem since.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
i'm using a cable connection. anyway i just tried it with undernet as you suggested as i have not thought about trying undernet and it does the same thing. So i guess it is an mirc problem on my end. If i can go into the java chat for MIRC with no problems,except when i get autokills then i can't get in that either,then it has to be an MIRC issue.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
well as i mentioned i have set up and set up and set up my router 100x over with different options you have mentioned asd well as optins comcast and even local ip fixit places here in town. everything you mentioned,everything they mentioned,etc have failed 100% i can only get on it every few hours or so except the java chat on a site called gogloom. when i get on MIRC with that,almost 100% of the time it lets me in. but no one can access my fserve however. I just don't know what to do. everything you said though i have tried. If you had MSN or Paltalk or something we could chat one on one. then maybe we could figure out what the problem is,but i really have tried. it makes me want to bang my head on the table.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
anyone?

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
?

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Paul, until you stop trying to anticipate everything everyone tells you, you're not going to get anything working correctly. Turn off the thinking and just do what you're told and, just like everyone else who has had the problems you have, and has done what they were told, you'll be working.

Follow Riamus' instructions. Go to portforward, find your router, pick mIRC DCC and follow every single thing they tell you to do - including setting a static IP. Don't argue, don't try to figure out how to do it better, or even why they're telling you to do what they're telling you to do - just do it. Precisely and exactly.

If you do, it'll work. If it doesn't work, you didn't follow the instructions precisely enough.

Thousands of people have DCC working in mIRC through the same router you're using, with the same provider, so if you can't get yours working it's you, not mIRC, not your router and not Comcast. You had it working once, so there's nothing wrong with the equipment or the software, just the setup.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I cant even work out what he wants to do, let alone what hes been doing to try and acheive it.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
again FNar if you read above,i said "if you explain something on how to fix the problem and i do it,why say "ok you did it? ok i believe you. oh by the way do it" i did everything 100% 1000% even 10,000% the way you told me to do it. if i do it and i say i did it,the response should not be "do it" if i did it. it's like saying "come here a second" and i walk toward you and you say "no i said come here" does that make sense? no. because i'm walking toward you. if it does not work i do not know the problem is. If i could talk to someone one on one as i do it maybe i could show you that i'm doing what you say then you'll believe me. All i know is this is frustrating and i really hope to get this fixed as quick as possible. I have MSN and Paltalk so if you have those programs,we can get on those and talk this out one on one. unfortuneately i am getting autokills again so i don't think i can do it on MIRC. but whatever you think.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
hmmm

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Rather than say what you have done , or what mehtodologies your trying, just say what you want to achive, becuase i still feel your first message was anything but clear.

So what is it that you want to do?
If need be state current hardware setups.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
well everything that was said i did. i did the proxy thing,i did reconnecting over and over MIRC,tried going to Efnet and Undernet,etc. all these i tried but failed. i mentioned that a few times already though.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
blah blah blah. Thats all i read then, why did you reply to me if u werent going to answer the question i put to you?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard