L
loggger Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
AppName: mirc.exe AppVer: 6.2.0.0 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0002ae22

hey this is a copy paste of the error message i get whenever a requested files is sent to me. sometime 1 gile might get thru but stop at the second one. i have copied the entire error message and saved it as a text file should anyone want to look at it a bit more closely.
this only started happening of late, after i formatted my computer a cpl of months back. after that i reformatted it last week but the error keeps popping up. i havent subscribed for any online service etc. i have xp +sp2, and the adobe creative suite 2 installed. i'd greatly appreciate it if somebody could assist me further with this.
thank you

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
whats a "gile" ?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
file laugh

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
DaveC: I would think that it's a typo, considering the distance on the keyboard between the f and g keys.

loggger: You should ensure that your version of Windows XP has all of the most recent updates. That file is part of Windows XP, so it might be out of date.

L
loggger Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
well am pretty sure i have the latest updates. i even ran the microsft update before typing this reply but my computer had everything. there is one thing which may cause an issue. and thats the .net framework i have installed. as of now i have version 2 and 1.1....any takers if that could be the issue

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Might be, although I don't understand how you could have both versions 1.1 and 2 of the .net framework.
When I did the update to version 2, it over-wrote version 1.1

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
frown Dont know why i couldnt see it, thought he was meaning size sent rather than number of files.

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
I have 3 versions of .not framework installed on this computer, and mIRC works with no problem. However, there is a known ntdll.dll problem, I've seen a few complaints about it crashing from mIRC. Sorry that I don't have an answer for you, although I seen to recall that someone had written a wrapper, or some other solution for the problem. Maybe someone else reading the thread has a memory that actually works - mine doesn't.

Link Copied to Clipboard