#160817 30/09/06 10:45 PM
H
hellrag Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
Hi Guys,
Every time i try to connect to irc.irchighway.net it keep saying I got suspected for spam/-floodbot. I used ad-aware, spybot search & destroy to scan my HD but my HD is cleans. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem? What anti spyware program do u guys use?

I even formatted my HD but still couldn't fix this problem. I was wondering what program does the irc.irchighway.net? It must better than ad-aware + spybot since it can detects a possible spyware in my comp since both of the program i use can't.

Oh, I email the banned@irchighway.net and still no reply yet.

Please somebody save

H
hellrag Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
oh btw this is the error message that i got:
-goldroger.fl.us.irchighway.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-goldroger.fl.us.irchighway.net- *** Found your hostname, cached
-
-goldroger.fl.us.irchighway.net- *** Checking Ident
-
-goldroger.fl.us.irchighway.net- *** No Ident response
-
You have been Autokilled.
-
-goldroger.fl.us.irchighway.net- *** You are not welcome on this network.
-
-goldroger.fl.us.irchighway.net- *** Autokilled for Suspected spam-/floodbot. Please run a virus scan on your computer asap! [S-DC2-643140] (2006/09/30 04.13)
-
-goldroger.fl.us.irchighway.net- *** Your hostmask is hikieialol!~shlfh@60-241-162-58.static.tpgi.com.au
-goldroger.fl.us.irchighway.net- *** For assistance, please email banned@irchighway.net and include everything shown here.
-
Closing Link: 0.0.0.0 (Suspected spam-/floodbot. Please run a virus scan on your computer asap! [S-DC2-643140] (2006/09/30 04.13))
-

F
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
F
hmmmm funny thing is goldroger.fl.us.irchighway.net isnt connected as I type this. It is possible that server had an issue with its checking code resulting in a false positive. Try connecting to another server OR the main dns pool address. Also although not that important but try and get your ident to work. ( I managed to connect with and without it)

Fire

H
hellrag Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
hey thanx's for the advise.
But can you explain in a bit detail how to overcome this? Im not really sure what should i do ? Thanxs :>

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Are you at college, or work, or a library, or some other location where many people connect through the same network?

If you are, what can happen is that someone *else* was akilled for it and your entire network is banned because of it. I had this happen a lot in college on Dalnet. Though I could usually find a Dalnet server that didn't realize that I was akilled and it let me on.

Even some DSL and cable connections can have the same problem, though that's more rare.

Your best option is to contact them (which you did) and then wait for them to remove the ban. Most likely you do not have a virus if those programs didn't bring up anything.

In the meantime, you can always try connecting to different servers on the network. You may get lucky, as I did on Dalnet, and find a server that doesn't realize you're akilled.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard