mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
Hi all!

I've got a bit strange problem. I've just put a wifi connection at home, everything is going ok but my connection to IRC.

I can connect to the net, but I don't receive/read anything. Recently a friend of mine connected at the time I was, and I tried to send him a private message, he received it, but didn't read his answer. Also if I try to join a channel, I do, but I don't see anything.

I realised that when I'm connecting, in Options -> Local Info, I leave Localhost and IP address fields blank, and when connecting, it's filled with 192.168.0.12 (the computer also says it's my IP, but it doesn't seem to because of the zero), and then the server assignes me it's own IP.

Can someone tell me why can't I read anything, and what to do to chat normally? Thanx a lot! smile

==================
Abstraction is art.
A
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
Well, after investigating a bit more... I noticed that it happens on every IRC net I connect to, and only when I do a who/whois MYSELF. This is very strange, I don't know where can be the problem confused Maybe any conflict with my own IP address?

Thanx for any help!

Last edited by Abstract; 30/09/06 04:35 PM.

==================
Abstraction is art.
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Try

/ignore -r *!*@*

You may be ignoring everyone due to a faulty script.

A
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
Nope... it's not an ignore issue (I wish it were :/), because when I whois myself, and try to join a channel, I really join it, but I don't get a new window with that joined channel; so I join, but I don't see it.

It's very rare that it only happens whoissing myself, for other users it works normal confused

==================
Abstraction is art.
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Check your script - see if you have anything doing something on one of the whois raws.

A
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
I've checked one by one each remote script I've loaded, but noone does something with it. Although I use raws for some addons, it works fine if the affected nick is not me. The solution would be not whoissing myself, but sometimes I need to do a /who #channel and I'm on that channel... frown

==================
Abstraction is art.
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Have you tried it with remotes off?

A
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A