mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
sabbath Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Hi! Been trying to solve my "problem" withouth any success for quite some time now. Hopefully some of you guys know if it's possible or not.

So what I want to do is to open the script editor in mirc for a defined remote script using a popup. For example, I have censor.mrc, autoreply.mrc and kick.mrc loaded in mirc. Since I'm a little lazy, and I thought it would be a nice improvement I'd like to be able to open them up by adding menu items:

Code:

menu Channel {
   Scripts
   .Censor
   ..Edit:/<open censor.mrc in scripts editor>
   ..Load:/load -rs $mircdirScripts\censor.mrc
   ..Unload:/unload -rs $mircdirScripts\censor.mrc
}

So is there a way to make the Edit menu-item happen? /open will of course open the file in my selected viewer for mrc files, but it would be a little smoother to open them in mirc's own script editor.

Cheers! smile

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
It's possible, although you'll have to use a little item called send keys, which I've never used, but have seen mentioned in the forums several times regarding opening the script editor.

S
sabbath Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
I see, never heard of it. I'll do some searching. Thanks a lot! smile

S
sabbath Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
OK, opening up script editor using sendkeys wasn't that hard. However, opening up a specific script in script editor is quite a bit harder. frown I tried using the Order but I'm not sure there even is a syntax for that (I'm just guessing and testing my way forward). At the moment I have:

Order:
censor.mrc
autoreply.mrc
kick.mrc

so in here:
Code:
..Edit:/sendkeys % $+ r

I'd like to specify script number 2 (or autoreply.mrc in this case). Any pro know how to do that? confused

S
sabbath Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
hehe that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be once I figured out that ALT + <number> scrolled through remote scripts. smile Problem solved!

Link Copied to Clipboard