mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
RuFy Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
This appeneds when there is a "special char" into channel name.
Specials tested char are:

$chr(1)
$chr(11)
$chr(12)
$chr(14)
$chr(16)
$chr(17)
$chr(18)
$chr(19)
$chr(20)
$chr(21)
$chr(23)
$chr(24)
$chr(25)
$chr(28)
$chr(29)
$chr(30)

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
ascii 1 is EOF character so it's not strange it if fails on that...

channel names shouldn't contain any ascii below 39 anyways imho... so I don't really see why this would be a problem?

you are on some obscure IRCd software that allows low ascii codes (likes colours etc) in channel names?

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
On a related note, perhaps $mkfn() should replace $chr(1) with _, since it's not allowed in filenames.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
It should replace all of the characters he listed. Char's #0-31 are all control characters which can't be used in filenames.

Of course, although they're not expressly forbidden in any IRC RFC, it's pretty stupid to allow them in a channel name since they're all non-printable and so may appear as spaces or not appear at all in many fonts. Not to mention the problems arising from a channel name having characters which most IRC clients interpret as text-formatting.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I think 26 is the EOF marker character not 1 ? unless your looking at some other specs.

The reason he cant open any of them however I think resides in that the OS wont open any of them files, it rejects filenames with any asc below 32.

RuFy Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Yes, but when I open a channel with the Logging options in mIRC, mIRC replace the illegal char with a _ or `.
So, in IRCNET this char are used in some standard channels, and for this reason I think that mIRC should replace those char with a _ or `.

Link Copied to Clipboard