mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
BobH Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
Is there a way to manipulate the results from a /whois command to display an extra line of information with in the results.

Currently the only option is to enter txt in the NAME field while off line and then connect which adds it to the USER= part of the ini file itself.

Are there any additional elements that can be added to the list as shown below taken from the ini file that will post to the output correctly so I can show my real name, and then have the extra line show that I am the Channel Owner?

[mirc]
email=anyplace@someplace.com
nick=BobH
anick=Bob
host= Random serverSERVER:irc.....
user=Channel Owner info added in the NAME FIELD

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Added so you can see it, sure. Added so others see it? If you add the information to your realname.

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
/whois output is controlled by the IRC server, not mIRC. The server asks for certain pieces of information when you connect, and then uses that and other information for your whois reply. You cannot add extra lines to your whois reply. That can only be done from within the IRC server coding.

-genius_at_work

D
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
D
If you have oper status on the server.. with Unreal IRCd at least, you are able to add an extra line called the SWHOIS, I believe this can also be added through Anope IRC Services. Read the documents on those to find out more smile

Link Copied to Clipboard