It would be neat if the Options dialog wasn't modal. By this I mean it should be possible to interact with other mIRC windows while the Options dialog is open. Also an Apply button that applies the settings and leaves the dialog open would complement this. These features would make helping newbies easier. Right now I have to do something like this, this is a real example. Pretend you can see the cyrillic e instead of a mess:

<.RKNiner> I don't likÒ½ to usÒ½ cyrillic lÒ½ttÒ½rs to work around it.
<.CodeCat> Thë cyrillic doësnt show propërly hërë
[.The_MAZZTer] yes
[.The_MAZZTer] it does
[.The_MAZZTer] use a real client :P
[.The_MAZZTer] like mirc 6.2
<.CodeCat> Notice the 'here'
[.The_MAZZTer] well when I read "here" I think the channel
<.CodeCat> I used that
[I open Options here and find the relevant option, and close the dialog]
[.The_MAZZTer] go to Options IRC Messages
[.The_MAZZTer] turn on Font linking
[.The_MAZZTer] I think that does it
[.The_MAZZTer] if not then it's UTF-8
<.CodeCat> I don't use mIRC
[.The_MAZZTer] oh
[.The_MAZZTer] you just said you did
<.CodeCat> Used
[.The_MAZZTer] pfft
<.CodeCat> Past tense
[I open Options again to see if it was Font linking anyways. I uncheck it, hit OK, verify the cyrillic text is now unreadable, and go back and re-check it and exit the dialog again.]
[.The_MAZZTer] yeah it's font linking

Also on an unrelated note the font linking doesn't appear to support the Euro character (€), even though Firefox can render said character fine (thus I have a font for it). Or is this intended behavior (IE is € a UTF-16 character?).

[Edit: Nevermind the euro character bit, it's UTF-16. Character code 0x20AC. <3 Charmap.]

[Edit: Ignore the above line, I am an idiot. My question about the euro char is still open.]

Last edited by The_Mega_ZZTer; 04/09/06 02:22 PM.