Print Thread
#15779 17/03/03 08:19 PM
D
donn Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
D
Would be nice if there was a colour code option for 'foreground' and 'background' so that if selected mIRC would use the appropriate colour that is used as channel/query fg and bg colour.

I'm sure there are some worthwhile reasons too, but i'm just thinking some peoples ascii art looks v.unsightly when printed on a black bg if designed for white etc... (please no-one say *all* ascii art looks unsightly smile

#15780 18/03/03 09:37 AM
B
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
B
What a terrible idea.

That's terrible, absolutely terrible.

You should die for this sin.

lol

*grumble* *grumble* Trying to AOLize mIRC.. bah!

Phoey on you! PHOEY!!

There are scripts out there that do that, and it's terrible. When someone strolls into the channel with these bright conflicting colors.. Your eyes tend to want to explode..

A lot of channel operators I know will actually ban someone using an annoying script like that.

- Wherever you go there you are.[color:lightgreen]
#15781 27/03/03 07:17 PM
D
donn Offline OP
OP Offline
D
How can there be a script that detects what what another users fg/bg colours are?

I'm not sure if you quite understood what i was saying, although I can't think of a way to make it any clearer

#15782 27/03/03 07:23 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
You can already change the background colour by doing 0,1Text here. This would send the text "Text here" as white text on a black background.

#15783 27/03/03 08:40 PM
D
donn Offline OP
OP Offline
D
No.

It is possible for an mIRC user to customise the look of channel and query windows and change the defualt colours. For example many people I know prefer to change the background colour of a channel window to black (instead of the default) white and the foreground colour (the text colour) to a light gray. It is easier on their eyes etc.

What I suggested was the ability to have a "bg,fg Text here"
sort of feature, so that the above text would be *black*, with a *gray* bg if a user by default had a black bg with gray text. However if another user decided to have a cream bg with blue text (I know these colours are preferable for dyslexia) - the same command would have the effect of having some text that was cream coloured and a blue bg. ie the above is an example of reversed text.

Essentially have two extra colour codes that mIRC interpreted client side as a users own customised fg and bg settings.

Any clearer? smile

#15784 27/03/03 08:50 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Ok excuse me if I'm wrong again, so you mean that bg,fg would give the same effect as  (ctrl+r)? Of course that couldn't be used to do 4,fg.

#15785 27/03/03 09:03 PM
D
donn Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yep, you're right about control-r, and right again about 4,fg etc not working... hence my suggestion that it would be nice to include and proably easily implemented, would probably make more sense to just add two more numbers onto the control colour code and have like a 16 and 17.

Link Copied to Clipboard