Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
well someone can send me a file,and i have sent someone a file successfully. but when they type my /ctcp for the server it just sits there and won;t connect. other then that i'm not sure what to do,

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
well someone can send me a file,and i have sent someone a file successfully. but when they type my /ctcp for the server it just sits there and won;t connect. other then that i'm not sure what to do,

Firewall/router settings very rarely affect your ability to receive files. Your answer about "have sent" files doesn't make it clear whether you're talking about being able to send before, or being able to send now. It's a big indicator of the problem whether or not you can still send files without using passive-send.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
i can't send files. i can recieve,just not send. i could before the router. this stinks.

Last edited by paulgr; 27/08/06 07:57 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Since you can't send files but you could before, then that confirms that your fserve problem is very likely caused by the same thing that blocks your dcc-send, so you can likely fix both by fixing 1 or the other.

Did you confirm that this still shows the same local local ip address that your router is forwarding your dcc send ports to: /run command /k ipconfig /all
If your local ip is being dynamically assigned each time you reboot, it's possible you need to simply fix the router to point at ip adress ending with .102 instead of .101 for example. I assume you've already been to http://www.portforward.com

The lazy way to enable both is to use mIRC 6.17-or-higher's passive-send feature "/dcc passive on", but that isn't always a good fix, because it requires the receiver to have open ports instead of the sender. This means you'll be able to send to someone else who has opened their dcc-send ports, but someone else who has the exact same dcc-send problems as you - would not be able to send to each other.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
on the portforward.com i went there and followed it,and it fixed it as far as finally getting logged in to MIRC as it took me a few weeks to figure out how to log in mirc after the wireless was hooked up,but now i get this. the ip address has and is the same 192.168.0.1 I don't know what to do at this point. i typed in the command you said and it shows that same ip address.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
http://192.168.0.1 is where most people access their modem
192.168.1.1 is usually the "default gateway" and they access their router config screen at http://192.168.1.1
the "ip address" is usually in the range 192.168.1.xxx where xxx is a number in the low hundreds.

Are you saying your router config screen shows your dcc ports are being forwarded to 192.168.0.1 ?

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
well that's what's under cmd. if you are referring to the port forward site,i don't know how to set it up except what i just did. as i mentioned earlier if i had live one on one help on mirc instead of message board posts,i wouldn't have to wait so long in between replies. but tell me what to do again in port forward. i was going to include a screenshot to my login at comcast to show you what that shows but other then that,modifying stuff in mirc is the only thing i can think of.

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Quote:
if you are referring to the port forward site,i don't know how to set it up except what i just did.

There are two entries in portforward for mIRC - IdentD and DCC send. You have to open BOTH - port 113 for IdentD and the range of ports you're using for DCC send (in Alt-O/Options/Advanced).

Quote:
as i mentioned earlier if i had live one on one help on mirc instead of message board posts,i wouldn't have to wait so long in between replies.

Is paulgr the nick you use on DALnet? I'm looking for you on Sunday evening at around 8:30 PM EDT, and that nick's not on and not even registered. But, if you go into #mirc on DALnet, someone will help you.

Quote:
but tell me what to do again in port forward. i was going to include a screenshot to my login at comcast to show you what that shows but other then that,modifying stuff in mirc is the only thing i can think of.

I'll bet that your router (and maybe your modem) still isn't set up right. Look for me on DALnet.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
i'm here on Dalnet Channel FNar but you aren't here. Come as quick as you can.

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Resolved - have fun, Paul.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard