Playing with the new positioning for the toolbar, and the treebar, i noticed a number of issues with these 'bars':
1. The treebar can't be docked on the top or bottom, even though khaled says it can in the release notes.
2. Theres no way to specify which thing is "farthest" to one direction (say I have the toolbar *and* the treebar docked left, theres no way to change the order they appear in).
3. Theres no way to sub-dock, for example, theres no way to dock the toolbar to the left, but within the confines of the switchbar's 'bottom' dock. Thus, things docked to the top and bottom will only "flow" between things docked to the left and right, and can never flow under or above these things like they can in most programs with docking ability (e.g. Windows taskbar).
4. Theres no way to change the color or image of the switchbar buttons. I had to change my entire windows theme to make the buttons look right with a switchbar background I wanted to use.
5. As mentioned in my other post, treebar colors should be seperate from switchbar colors because they don't look good together.
6. Since we're going all out with positioning, it only stands to reason that there should be an option to "pin" the nickname lists from all channels into a "nickbar" that can be docked or floated like a desktop window.
7. Not that I care much about this one, but in all fairness, the menu bar should be able to change position to (like in other apps (e.g. Word)).
8. I, too, believe that the color options dialog box should be completely redone. On the left should have a tree (much like the options dialog) with the options: "Channel, Query, DCC Chat, Server, Switchbar, Treebar, Menubar, Nicklist, Notify, Channel List, Links List, URL list, Edit box (Active), Edit box (Inctive)", and allow you to set the colors, background, background options, etc for each of those, along with default positions, etc. All the junk that's hidden in the "right click" menu's. And obviously provide scripting access to this.