Print Thread
#156773 20/08/06 09:27 AM
X
x64 Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
X
The treebar needs it's own set of msg/event/hilight colors, especially for people that have a black background. I personally use a black background because it's easier to read for me, but a white treebar stands out like fluorescent clothing at a goth club. While you can change the treebar backcolor and default text color in the colors panel, the special colors are the same as the switchbar. The switchbar has a light background and forces the default text color to be black, meaning that you can never use the same genre of colors for both. (switchbar has light bg, dark default text.. so you must use dark event colors, meaning your treebar bg must be light, meaning your entire theme must be light to match). So yeah.

The other feature i would greatly suggest would be an "auto show treebar when switchbar is full" option. To me, the treebar is only worth the space it takes up when i'm in so many channels/networks that i can barely manage my switchbar. If i'm only on one network and in a few channels, the treebar isn't worth the inches of screen it takes up.

Also, the docs say you can put the switchbar on left/right/top/bottom ("like the toolbar"), but i can't seem to get it on top or bottom. I realize this can easily be done in scripting, but think it's better if it's the default option. Thanks.

Last edited by x64; 20/08/06 09:29 AM.
Babel fish
Babel fish
you can change the foreground/background color of the treebar in the alt+k dialog. I use black as background and green for the text and red or blue for the highlight and i see it well both in the switchbar and in the treebar

X
x64 Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
X
The neither of the blues look good on the black background. The point isn't whether it looks good to "you". This isn't a matter of aesthetics. The problem is that this greatly reduces the color scheme combinations.

Z
zkx Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Z
yes it would be great if message,event and highlight for treebar would be on the alt+k dialog since the change of those colors can be easily scripted while current switchbar/treebar message,event+highlight colors can't... which would nullify my other feature request:
https://forums.mirc.com/s...p;page=0#164353

and in many cases what colors look good on treebar doesn't look good on the switchbar, so separate colors for them would make sense when thinking about mirc theme-engines

J
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
J
Really, the treebar needs it's own set of commands, and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Khaled is already working on implementing some. Colors probably aren't a priority, but I doubt they will be overlooked. More important right now, however, is functionality.

For example: grouping. There is currently only one method of grouping: Network>Group>Window. Ideally, one could group certain items irrespective of their network (DCCs and Custom Windows for example), and perhaps even manually. Also, a sort alias could be added so that the user could toggle between normal (by order of opening I assume) and alphabetical sort, as well as an alphabetical sort which ignores window prefixes like "#" and "Chat". In addition, and most simply of all, an expand/collapse alias could be added so that a user could sort and arrange his/her treebar.

A personal nuisance would be solved if an option were added to stop a treebar item from expanding simply because a new window (perhaps even distinguishable by type) has been added. Everytime my "scripted instance" of a network (which I keep collapsed) sends off a rules file, it expands automatically. So, while I can get the switchbar items to stay hidden via ALT+LCLICK--it seems there is still no show/hide/collapse alias for this either--I cannot seem to keep treebar items collapsed.

On related functionality: dragging files over switchbar/treebar queries/DCCs could make for easier file sends. Not sure how realistic/possible this is, though.

As for cosmetic details, I have noticed the Top/Bottom fails to work as well (though I'm really not sure how that would display that differs much from the Switchbar). Personally, I would just remove the Top/Bottom options from the documentation, but perhaps someone else sees a good way to display it. Also, a minor detail: it would be good to have "no vsbar" and "no hsbar" options for the treebar.

Whether the above is considered or not, I'm still fairly confident that Khaled will be implementing more functionality to the treebar. This is only it's introduction. smile Thank you,

Jinx_Dojo

Last edited by Jinx_Dojo; 28/08/06 05:31 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard