mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#156746 20/08/06 03:45 AM
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
I've had several problems since I got 2.0. I posted about one of them earlier, and someone gave me a link to a previous thread, but this isn't a problem that any of those suggestions could fix. First, mIRC disconnects me if I'm idle for a few minutes. It's not my internet connection, because my wife can be in the same room and on the same server (using 6.17) and she doesn't have problems. The second problem just started up. It has times where it doesn't scroll down, so you stop seeing the new lines of text in the channel. I don't have any script changes since 6.17.

C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
From what your saying, it sounds like you have some scripts loaded (though you havent modified them since 6.17). If thats the case, try using a fresh copy of mirc with no scripts loaded and see if the problem resolves itself. If it still happens, try posting some more detailed information regarding the 2 PC's (what operating system, CPU/RAM, service packs, etc etc) so we can either 1) help confirm these as possible bugs, or 2) help you track down whats causing it on your PC. You'd be surprised how many issues/bugs seem to disappear once a clean installation is used. Sometimes small changes in the scripting language, or how mIRC processes the scripts can affect your scripts even if you havent touched them.

Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Thanks. I'm not sure exactly where the problem is, but I unloaded all of my scripts, except for small parts, like parts that identify my registered nick, and it hasn't disconnected me. It must be a problem with a change in the scripting language like you said. On an unrelated note, I just noticed that a small DLL that I wrote doesn't work anymore. It worked in all versions prior to 2.0. I'm not really sure why. Maybe I'll rewrite it and recompile it and try again. Thanks for your help.

Link Copied to Clipboard