mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
RuFy Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Hi, this is the problem.
When I join a malformed channel (see the mIRC 6.16 auto.invite exploit) on mIRC 6.17 and my script nothing appends.
When I change mIRC version from 6.17 to 6.2 mIRC execute malformed request, and evil code running.
I have tested this on a fresh mIRC copy without result, so I think that this was caused with some raw event. shocked

One more consideration.
Before code execution, those are the raw events that I have displayed:

<- :message.from.server.it 353 [R]u[F]y = #$($w($decode(.#6YI8VL@.G!I<FQO;F4`))) :@[R]u[F]y
<- :message.from.server.it 366 [R]u[F]y #$($w($decode(.#6YI8VL@.G!I<FQO;F4`))) :End of NAMES list.
<- :message.from.server.it 324 [R]u[F]y #$($w($decode(.#6YI8VL@.G!I<FQO;F4`))) +

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
mIRC Options > Other > Lock "dissable commands" options have no effect in preventing this?

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
RuFy Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Yes Lock Decode prevent this, but If you deactivate this check and load some script (try MTS Engine by SolidSnake) exploit occours.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I can't seem to reproduce the issue here. I tested with a clean install of mIRC and added several raw events which trigger on the numerics you mention, using a similar channel name. Can you show us the raw event that causes the problem for you?

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Quote:
(try MTS Engine by SolidSnake) exploit occours.

Does it happen without the script? If not, it's a script problem and should be reported to the script author, not mIRC's.

F
Babel fish
Babel fish
F
this most likey means that the script uses a timer for the event, as timers run $idents

known on irc as MrStonedOne
read my full post before replying or dont reply. tl;dr isn't allowed here

Link Copied to Clipboard