J
Jae Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
J
command 1:
Code:
 //say hi. | var %tmppp = x | var %i = 32 | while (%i < 256) { %tmppp = $+(%tmppp,$chr(%i)) | inc %i } | say %tmppp . %i 

command 2:
Code:
 //say hi. | var %tmppp = x | var %i = 32 | while (%i < 256) { var %tmppp = $+(%tmppp,$chr(%i)) | inc %i } | say %tmppp . %i 

in mIRC 6.2:

command1:
<nick> hi.

command2:
<nick> hi.
<nick> x!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~€‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š‹ŒŽ‘’“”•–—˜™š›œžŸ ¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬­®¯°±²³´µ¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùúûüýþÿ . 256

mIRC 6.16:
command1&2:
<nick> hi.
<nick> x!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~€‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š‹ŒŽ‘’“”•–—˜™š›œžŸ ¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬­®¯°±²³´µ¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùúûüýþÿ . 256

Cheers.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Man u didnt make that easy to follow.
And even in 6.16 the problem appears to exist, how ever something else must have been correcting it.

In mirc 6.16, 6.17 & 6.20 try this...
alt-r and add alias test { //echo -a one | %var = var | echo -a two }

Then type /test the result is
one
two

Now type //echo -a one | %var = var | echo -a two the result is
one

* Unless the %var = var leads off with a VAR the line seems to stop, I dont think this is ment to happen, but maybe its designed behavour for some reason?!?!?!?

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
The editbox won't run commands that start with a variable/identifier. This was done a few versions ago to prevent $decode worms and the like. Unfortunately, mirc cannot distinguish between a variable assignment and a command that starts with a variable.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Thanks for the report on what it is. I had a feeling it might have been done on purpose, but just couldnt pin doen a possable reason until now.

J
Jae Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
J
Quote:
The editbox won't run commands that start with a variable/identifier. This was done a few versions ago to prevent $decode worms and the like. Unfortunately, mirc cannot distinguish between a variable assignment and a command that starts with a variable.

Using: /var = <value>

//var %blah = blah | var %something = something | echo :1:1> %blah %something | %something = somethingelse | echo :1:2> %blah %something
//var %blah = blah | var %something = something | echo :2> %blah %something
//var %blah = blah | var %something = something | %something = somethingelse | echo :3> %blah %something
//var %blah = blah | var %something = something | var %something = somethingelse | echo :4> %blah %something

would output:
:1:1> blah something
:2> blah something
#3 (would not output anything at all nor error of any sort)
:4> blah somethingelse

therefore %var = <data> even after /var or /set, will be blocked.
but using /var %var = data *WILL* work.
i would asume it would be similar for /set

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Umm, exactly... as stated mirc wont allow you to start with a variable in a command. It is intended behavior.

To clarify, the 'start' is not only the very first //var in your examples, but the very first word after each pipe " | " also, as the scripting engine interprets it as the start of a new line and therefor the start of a new command.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
J
Jae Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
J
my point was that you can get around it anyway as above..

Link Copied to Clipboard