mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#156454 16/08/06 04:46 PM
L
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
L
Hi, I am very new to this and was hoping there was some simple way that I could "sneakily" get on MIRC Starlink from my work computer which has all sorts of security on it. Im sure it has a firewall and any other number of things to prevent me from doing this! Can I do it anyway? If you could please respond to lilkarenb@comcast.net

#156455 16/08/06 06:46 PM
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
If your office's tech department doesn't want you to connect to IRC, they might have blocked you from doing so by a number of means, with which you are not likely to get help here, since bypassing company policies is frowned upon... However, if they haven't, you can try configuring/disabling your firewall and/or forwarding ports if it's the case (use the search feature of this forum to look for help on those issues).

#156456 17/08/06 01:38 AM
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Another thing you can do is see if they'll allow you to run a VNC program to your home computer (to look up ... make up something that pertains to work). Then you can leave your computer turned on at home and access IRC or anything else that your home computer can access from your office - and it doesn't expose your office to any viruses, Trojans, etc.

I use UltraVNC (from the sourceforge site) - it works and it's free. And it doesn't require any open ports on your work computer, only on your home computer.

Link Copied to Clipboard