mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
I've been having a problem with mIRC where it suddenly disconnects me and I get * [10053] Software caused connection abort. Then, when it auto-reconnects, it doesn't run my remote script to identify my nick on connect, and I get a Guest nick. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? It's frustrating me. At one point, I had a haltdef on server ping, but that's not there anymore, so I am responding to server pings.

By the way, my wife also connects to the same server that I do, at the same time, and she doesn't have this happening, so it isn't my internet connection.

Last edited by bwr30060; 13/08/06 05:34 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Most likely when your clients reconnects from a software abort, your name is still "ghosted" on the server. So when you try to reconnect, the server says your name is in use, and chooses a new name. There are multiple solutions:

1. Add a script that confirms your nickname when you connect. If it's not your desired name, have it change you. Some servers offer a /nickserv ghost <name> <password> command to kill the clone. Once killed, you can /nick.
2. Setup a notify list with your name, When your name disconnects, your notify list will tell you, and you can then switch names.
3. Run a timer on connection and re-attempt to cange your name until a success.

If it doesn't involve your nickname, more information is needed to solve your problem. Try using /debug @d to see what is and isn't sent to the server.

-KingTomato
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Thanks, but that isn't answering the question I'm asking. I'm trying to figure out why my copy of mIRC keeps disconnecting me. It isn't my internet connection, as I mentioned before.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This problem, possible causes, and possible solutions has been done so many times, that the moderators combined a bunch of them into a single topic located here
There is no guarantee that your specific problem is listed and/or has a solution in that topic, but it's a good place to start

Link Copied to Clipboard