mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#156061 11/08/06 11:38 AM
C
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
C
hi all hope you can help, i didnt puposly install mirc, but it starts itself up at bootup, and a IE window pops up every time, addy is www.detonate.home.ro/MAIN.htm if i close the IE window and then exit mirc it starts itself up again and the detonate explorer window comes up again, ive tried uninstalling mirc from add rmove, and it say i must exit mirc first, there is no time to exit it and try to uninstall it before the whole process starts again, any ideas chaps, it really is a pain, especially as i dont even use mirc, cheers in advance.

Gray

Last edited by catchpole; 11/08/06 11:42 AM.
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
sounds like your puter's been infected with some sort of spyware... you should run a full system scan with your antivirus of choice, PLUS (not optional, as you're most likely infected with a spyware) a good anti spyware software, such as spybot search & destroy and ad-aware (both of which can be found here.

Hope it helps

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
You can boot into a command prompt, then look for the mirc folder - usually c:\mirc. go there and delete mirc32.exe - that'll keep it from popping up the next time you run Windows. Then, from Windows, use Add/Remove Programs to remove it. (It won't be running since the .exe file is no longer there.)

Then, as Macondo said, clean your computer out.

Then run Spybot Search and Destroy all the time.

Link Copied to Clipboard