Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
vakuum Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
V
I was making a script, and ran into a tiny bug. $network doesnt return the correct network name if there's a - in the networkname, when you're disconnected. It returns $gettok(network-name,1,45), so to say.

For example, when you're connected to EFnet $network returns EFnet. When you've disconnected it returns EFnet.

When you're connected to the-mirc-network $network returns the-mirc-network. When you've disconnected it returns the.

I tested both with 6.2 and 6.17. Same issue.

The server-type used on the - network (if that matters) is: Unreal3.2.4. irc.server.com FhiXeOoZE [*=2307]

#HelpDesk @ DALnet
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
hehehe, this is a typical style bug you never run in to as a developer *G*. I wonder how long this has been in mIRC :-]

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I found a network that had a $chr(45) hyphen in the $network value, and tested this with 6.16 and 6.2, and could not see the behaviour you described. I could see the entire the-$network-name after disconnecting:

//echo -a *** $scid($cid).status $count($network,$chr(45))

*** disconnected 1

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I can't seem to reproduce this issue here. I connected to the 23-net network listed in the default servers.ini, and //echo $network returns 23-net whether I'm connected or disconnected from the server.

V
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
V
I tried irc.deluxe-irc.net Connected i get DeluXe-IRC.Net

Disconnected i get DeluXe-IRC
mIRC 6.2

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I'm an IRCop on maximum-irc.com which (obviously) has the - in the name. Now while maximum-irc.com isn't in the default server list, I added it to my own without any problems, and I rarely have a problem connecting and staying connected (the occasional ping timeout and when I manually disconnect being the exceptions)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I tried your network, and I cannot reproduce your problem after I disconnect:

//echo -a *** $scid($cid).status $count($network,$chr(45)) $network

*** disconnected 1 DeluXe-IRC

V
vakuum Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
V
I tried once again, this time on my home computer (same os as before, 2k). Running version 6.2. If anyone wants to test it on the network im doing it one, irc.c0la.se is the network addy.

When I'm connected, and do //echo -a $network in the status window, i get the-c0la-network.

When I'm disconnected, and do //echo -a $network in the status window, i get the.

$isalias(network) returns $false btw. Using no scripts in the version im testing with.

Also, when i tried it on 23-net, it worked for me. Im almost going clueless.

Last edited by vakuum; 12/08/06 12:52 PM.
V
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
V
Confirmed.

C
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
C
I can reproduce this issue.

mIRC 6.2 (clean install)
Windows XP SP1

irc.deluxe-irc.net
[*] Connected: DeluXe-IRC.Net
[*] Disconnected: DeluXe-IRC

irc.c0la.se
[*] Connected: the-c0la-network
[*] Disconnected: the

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
the problem was originally described as dropping everything after the hyphen, $gettok(network-name,1,45), so I was looking for the missing hyphen. There are many hyphenated networks that don't have this problem.

//echo -a *** $scid($cid).status $network

*** connected German-Elite
*** disconnected German-Elite

*** connected Scifi-Net
*** disconnected Scifi-Net

*** connected Serenity-IRC
*** disconnected Serenity-IRC

*** connected starlink-irc
*** disconnected starlink-irc

*** connected Immortal-Anime
*** disconnected Immortal-Anime

Because the only 2 networks identified so far with the problem are DeluXe-IRC.Net and the-c0la-network - perhaps the problem happens only when it contains more than 1 of hyphen+period.

I did confirm that the irc.c0la.se and irc.deluxe-irc.net networks did have the same problem in mIRC 6.16.

edit: I did notice that the ON DISCONNECT event still contains the correct $network name, it's only after disconnect that it's chopped.

Last edited by maroon; 12/08/06 02:44 PM.
V
vakuum Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
V
Quote:
Because the only 2 networks identified so far with the problem are DeluXe-IRC.Net and the-c0la-network - perhaps the problem happens only when it contains more than 1 of hyphen+period.

Intresting is that it breaks after the first separator at the-c0la-network, and at the second seperator at DeluXe-IRC.NET. Worth thinking about. Im just going more clueless all the time.

#HelpDesk @ DALnet
R
RRX Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
R
I tried some networks with
Code:
on *:DISCONNECT: { window @network | aline @network $server $network }
on *:CONNECT: { window @network | aline @network $server $network }

devil.deluxe-irc.net DeluXe-IRC.Net
devil.deluxe-irc.net DeluXe-IRC.Net
master.deluxe-irc.net DeluXe-IRC.net
master.deluxe-irc.net DeluXe-IRC.net
burning-crew.deluxe-irc.net DeluXe-IRC.Net
burning-crew.deluxe-irc.net DeluXe-IRC.Net
rollergirl.sg.as.irc-chat.net irc-chat
rollergirl.sg.as.irc-chat.net irc-chat
azinteractive.irc-domain.org Irc-Domain
azinteractive.irc-domain.org Irc-Domain
underground.hatchetradio.com JuggaloIRCNet
underground.hatchetradio.com JuggaloIRCNet

The only difference I saw was that servers from the same network sometimes use different uppercase/lowercase

Regarding JuggaloIRCNet, there I did notice that mIRC's server list has it as JuggaloIRC.net (with dot) and when you have a status window open that hasn't connected status it shows the dot - version, and $network contains also the dot version, which is normal since mIRC has only the server list as source when not connected.

For the people that have seen these problems, can you retry it with above events, in case you didn't check it this way?
Vakuum did use /echo in the status window when disconnected and this can be the reason

The explanation is then be (typo?) errors or outdated entries in the server list.

Although the problem with the-c0la-network (which I couldn't connect to) would be a serious typo then.

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
/me thinks out loud... there wouldnt be some kind of bizarre -c switch...

billythekid
V
vakuum Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
V
Nice theory. I decided to find yet another network, and see if that was the case. Sorry to tell you, but it doesnt look like it is.

Connect to irc.Bikers-IRC.net, $network returns Bikers-IRC-Network when connected, Bikers when you're disconnected. Sure, it does have a seperator after a C, but it splits before it, after an s.

#HelpDesk @ DALnet
R
RRX Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
R
Quote:
Nice theory. I decided to find yet another network, and see if that was the case. Sorry to tell you, but it doesnt look like it is.

Connect to irc.Bikers-IRC.net, $network returns Bikers-IRC-Network when connected, Bikers when you're disconnected. Sure, it does have a seperator after a C, but it splits before it, after an s.

I verified this and it's correct.
echo -s $network returns indeed Biker after disconnecting.

However, in my on connect and on disconnect events, the $network is always Bikers-IRC-Network so it doesn't affect scripts on those places. Scripts could go wrong though when it retrieves the network from a status window that is disconnected.

Some circumstances:
- Bikers-IRC-Network is NOT in my servers.ini
- engine.bikers-irc.net Unreal3.2.2 iowghraAsORTVSxNCWqBzvdHtGp lvhopsmntikrRcaqOALQbSeKVfMGCuzNT
- This network contains in the /version raw 005 reply as protocol NETWORK=Biker's-IRC-Network while the $network in my events return Bikers-IRC-Network so mIRC seems to strip off the ' from Biker's when filling $network.

This server seems abit inconsistent anyway:
Quote:

Message of the Day, engine.bikers-irc.net
- 4/9/2005 2:11
- BikersIRCnet (Biker's IRC Network)
-
- Welcome to engine.bikers-irc.net!
-
- Network Founder: MadMax (admin@bikers-irc.net)

Versions:
- BikersIRCnet
- bikers-irc.net
- Biker's-IRC-Network
- Bikers-IRC-Network (stripped by mIRC)

uhm...

$network is not a reliable source anyway, some servers don't even sends the protocol list in the /version reply so $network is $null (example galaxynet)

Last edited by RRX; 13/08/06 10:15 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Found another one in the servers.ini with 2 colons that didn't strip anything: //echo -a *** $scid($cid).status $network

*** connected Dark-Tou-Net
*** disconnected Dark-Tou-Net

It seems the disconnected $network value is being influenced by whether it thinks it can find ther server in your servers.ini. I edited the colons out of the servers.ini to name the group DarkTouNet. After I reconnect, it fills $network with Dark-Tou-Net and keeps it through the ON DISCONNECT event, but after it dsconnects, it changes:

*** disconnected DarkTouNet

I edit the servers.ini to name the group as Widget:

*** disconnected Widget

I deleted the entry from my servers.ini and the name goes back to being:

*** disconnected Dark-Tou-Net

So... i went back to the irc.c0la.se network that was stripping 'the-c0la-network' down to 'the', and added it to servers.ini in a group named 'the-c0la-network', and tested:

*** connected the-c0la-network
*** disconnected the-c0la-network

Since most people connect to their networks from servers.ini groups having the name of their network as the group name, that can explain why the problem escaped attention for so long. Some of the hyphenated/Dot'ed servers that didn't have the problem may have the problem after you delete them from servers.ini.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Confirmed that one:

Quote:
Bikers-IRC-Network
-
(16:28:50) * Disconnected
Bikers

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
that still stands tehn, bikers-ir'C'-network(bikers) shows a -C switch, as does the-Coca-cola (the) and DeluXe-IR'C'.Net(deluxe)

still only my mind going about as it does.. lol

btk

[edit] i see deluxe-irc.net actually gives deluxe-irc on disco, therefore feel free to /ignore billythekid wink

Last edited by billythekid; 13/08/06 04:37 PM.

billythekid
J
Jae Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
I couldnt help but notice something,

RAW001:
Welcome to the the c0la network IRC Network nick!ident@host

note: "the c0la network"

also,

RAW005:
WATCH=128 SILENCE=15 MODES=12 CHANTYPES=# PREFIX=(ohv)@%+ CHANMODES=beIqa,kfL,lj,psmntirRcOAQKVGCuzNSMTG NETWORK=the-c0la-network CASEMAPPING=ascii EXTBAN=~,cqnr ELIST=MNUCT STATUSMSG=@%+ EXCEPTS INVEX :are supported by this server

note: "NETWORK=the-c0la-network"

wich leads me to think that $network in connected and disconnected state may we reading information from different raws on connect. i connected to 23-net

RAW001:
Welcome to the 23-net IRC Network nick!ident@host
note: "23-net"
RAW005:
SILENCE=15 MODES=12 CHANTYPES=# PREFIX=(ohv)@%+ CHANMODES=beIqa,kfL,lj,psmntirRcOAQKVGCuzNSMTG NETWORK=23-net CASEMAPPING=ascii EXTBAN=~,cqnr ELIST=MNUCT STATUSMSG=@%+ EXCEPTS INVEX CMDS=KNOCK,MAP,DCCALLOW,USERIP :are supported by this server
note "NETWORK=23-net"

to conclude, perhaps its a simple matter of raw 001 and 005, surely someone that would be botherd could write up a quick "test ircd" and test my theory?

Khaled, maybe you could elaborate if this is the case?

Cheers, Col.

[edit]

Quote:
[edit] i see deluxe-irc.net actually gives deluxe-irc on disco, therefore feel free to /ignore billythekid

perhaps this can be explained by my randings above?

Last edited by Jae; 16/08/06 03:25 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard