mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
Hey everyone, I am new and mainly signed up on this forum as i have a question regarding the new mirc that I cant seem to fix on my own.
When either myself or someone in a common irc channel pastes 3 or more lines of text at once at the end of the 3rd line i get a & symbol and then a portion of the pasted text is missing.
This did nooot use to happen in the old versions of mIRC either, I have checked all the settings i can think of and cant come up with a solution of how to fix it, please can someone point me in the right direction? confused

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
does the user who posts it also see the truncated lines? or just you

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
There isn't one as far as I know, though you might be able to find a script that solves it.

The problem is that many IRC servers cut off lines after a maximum of 512 bytes, including commands and data that aren't visible to the users. As far as I know, mIRC instead emits a beep to alert the user that they're over the limit.

So, when someone pastes multiple lines, they often get cut off by the server without them being aware of it. It can be a bit of a pro

D
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
thats all well and good though but why has it only suddenly started happening since i upgraded to mirc 6.2? Before with 6.17 I never remember having this problem.

Also, no, it is only me having the issue not the person pasting it...that leads me to believe it is not the server but the script i am using no?

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Does it happen if you turn the script off? If it still does it can't be the script.

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
This has been happening to tons of users before mIRC 6.2 was even released, though. The reason it's not visible to the user pasting the text is that they get the text directly from their clipboard, and not from the server.

Link Copied to Clipboard