mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
hixxy Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
H
I like the treebar, the preserve nicknames option, the radio list and the /toolbar command the most. I'm still looking at the other new stuff grin

Great job Khaled smile

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It is a really good version. I prefer the switchbar, but it's good that it's in there. The new installer brings a more modern look to mIRC, as do the various other aesthetic changes. I think the treebar and /toolbar additions are the best.

Thanks K!

Please don't forget to hunt for bugs and report them, and give your ideas in feature suggestions! smile

Mentality/Chris
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
Indeed.

All in all, very good job.

I'm impressed. Thanks!

<Ingo> I can't uninstall it, there seems to be some kind of "Uninstall Shield"
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I haven't checked it out very much, but the write up makes it look good.
I must say I like the new style for the installer.
One thing I have noted, although not technically regarding the new version, but I found that I was able to read about the last 3 updates and was able to get the updates from the website before I received the update notification via e-mail.

So far, I've got one "problem" with the new version. In the older versions (even up to and including 6.17), usage of /window -h "status window" hid the window so that it wasn't visible in the switchbar. Now, as far as I can tell, it's just doing the equivalent of minimizing the window, rather than hiding it.

I looked over the changes, and couldn't see anything, but personally I don't like this change (whether intentional or not, I'm thinking not, since I couldn't find anything about it in the versions.txt file)

Can anyone else confirm this, or am I going crazy?

Last edited by RusselB; 28/07/06 11:19 PM.
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
I like filtering, the filter speed has doubled, whats that about... lol

nice one..

btk

billythekid
J
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
J
I've had it for about an hour (nice b'day present too - came out on my b'day lol) so I hav'nt had much time to play with it yet.

Interesting thought with the button bar - was about to replace it with my own set - then had a thought with the positioning (nice addition too I might add) - will I have to make a 2nd set for the vertical position lol...??

I'll have a play to see what happens. The treebar is an interesting addition...

Cheers grin
Jon/Jaber

V
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
V
Amazing release!!
Puts my DCX treeview switchbar to shame frown

K
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
K
I was having a problem with adding an icon to the toolbar, but, now, I can laugh, lol, great work Khaled!

-Kurdish_Assass1n
O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
Yeah, I love the improved scripts editor.
With colour coding etc. Awesome.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

K
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
K
Quote:
Yeah, I love the improved scripts editor.
With colour coding
etc. Awesome.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

huh? what u mean by that? can u tell me what number it is in versions.txt, or explain more please laugh

-Kurdish_Assass1n
O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
The only thing I do not like is if I renove the Switch bar All the hidden windows show up on the bottom of the screen. I never noticed that in the other versions but I never looked for it. Out side of that I like this new version.

Intelligence: It's better to ask a stupid question, then to prove it by not asking....
A
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
A
1. Preserve Nicknames.
2. treeview.
3. minimize/maximize script editor window laugh

Awesome release as usual, thanks Khaled laugh

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Installer is new, but the mIRC icon is old, look really ugly ; p
Wish I to see smth. like this : )

I'm so glad to see a new mIRC version smile
Thanks to all who have contribute to this !

>122.Added /help and /winhelp support for .chm files.
One more steep to a nice anchored Help File ? ; )

>108.Added "Preserve nicks" feature to Connect/Options dialog. If enabled, mIRC will use /tnick internally to ensure that your nicknames in the Connect dialog remain static. Also added /mnick command to change your main nickname.
Will have have this any impact on irc servers load ? Anyway, it's not default - on, and this shouldn't be a problem..
Oh.. I seem to misinterpret this feature, that's nothing to do with "Auto regain".. Eh, anyway nice.

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Khaled, you've done it again smile

Things I like about this version (even if I dont use them):

37.Channel Folder now shows channel description alongside channel name. (sweet)
70.Script editor now has minimize/maximize buttons. (sweet)
90.Added a Treebar which lists connections and open windows, much like the switchbar. It behaves like the switchbar in many ways as well, eg. Shift/Control + left-click support, icon blinking, etc. and uses various switchbar settings in the Options/Dialog. (SWEET)
98.Added /exit -nr switches, -n disables confirmation dialogs, and -r restarts mIRC. (for those who doubted Khaled takes ideas we give him, this is a PRIME example. Was suggested quite recently and it's in I have no need for it but that doesnt mean it wasnt a good idea)
101.Added Up/Down sort buttons for Options/DCC/Folders dialog to set order of matching.
107.Added /abook -wncl switches, open the different tabs in the address book dialog.
117.Added /toolbar command, allows modification of toolbar buttons.
120.mIRC now stores a [success] section in servers.ini that lists servers that were connected to successfully. When you later connect to a server group, the success list is used to prioritize server connection attempts. "Clear History" via the servers list popup menu clears this list.

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
My personal favourite is /toolbar, closely followed by the improved $regsubex().

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
What is NOT to like! As has been the case since i started with mIRC, K has gone out of his way to look at the best suggestions that users come up with and implement them.

I know K. does not do this alone, there is a support team that updates helpfiles and documentation and tests for him. I for one would like to thank not only K. but also the tem he has behind him for comming up with another steller release grin

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Wow, how did I miss this? I haven't used mIRC that long, and was happy when 6.17 came out. Now I was seeing people talk about mIRC 6.2 and I thought, "They have to be talking about 6.17 and are just calling it the wrong thing!". Surprised a new version came out that soon. Quick question, probably a stupid one. Can I upgrade for free? If I have a licensed copy of 6.17, does it just roll over to the new one? Thanks.

H
hixxy Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
H
Yes. It's a one-time fee.

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
The font substitution seems like a great idea. That is, I haven't tried it yet, but it's a very Good Thing since it allows people to mix and match languages without always using Arial Unicode or Bitstream Cyberbit. So my vote's on this.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
something else I forgot to mention was the implementation of choosing which files to install (scripts.ini, servers.ini, etc). Thanks Khaled for that one smile Sure didnt wanna sound ungreatful since Im the one who suggested it - jsut took me a while to realize I didnt mention it smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard