mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
hi, i am an admin on a server, and need to send a message every so often to all the rooms on the server. i was wondering if there is a way to do this with out being in all the rooms

here is an example of what i want

/timer5 0 300 /msg #games For more info on the latest games do /msg GaMeBoT info

but i need it to message all the rooms on the server if you could help i would apptreciate it thank you in advance

"watch the news today, so you don't have to watch the history channel tomorrow."
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Presuming that you're using the Unreal IRC'd, why not just use the Global command to send to everyone on the network, rather than each channel. If you're not using Unreal, check the documentation for the IRCd that you do use for something similar.

As far as sending to all channels, I was unable to find anything in the Unreal documentation that would allow that possibility. Again, if you're not using the Unreal IRCd, then that option may exist for you, but I don't have the information to be able to write the script.

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
how about privat messaging all the users on the server would that be easier?

"watch the news today, so you don't have to watch the history channel tomorrow."
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Now that would be an unnecessary annoyance to the users on the server. I agree the best way to do that would be to send a global message to the server, everyone on the server will see it in their status window.

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
That's not a very good excuse to get help with a mass-spam script..

If you were actually an admin, you would have either known about the global message feature of the ircd, or when it was suggested, you would have thought it was a perfect solution.

-genius_at_work

Link Copied to Clipboard