mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Om3n Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Didn't see anything suggested like this before, but didn't look too hard so apologies if i just missed it.

Basically id like a flag, and / or identifier, that returns the properly formatted 'nickname tag'.

Just the same as the echo -t flag will add the timestamp to the start of the line if mirc options are configured to show it in that window, i would like a flag that does the same with a nickname within events. In events it would place this after the timestamp, and it would apply all of the mirc address book color settings, mode tag display option, etc. (colors and so on). For an input event this would apply to $me rather than $nick

eg
incoming text -> [4:05pm] <14+somenick> humiliation
/echo -t? $1 -> [4:05pm] <14+somenick> humiliation

Similarly an identifier for returns the same thing would be quite useful. Not sure what you would call it, but something along the lines of.

$nametag(nick, #) - where nick can be any nickname or nick/me identifier etc, and # would be optional. If # not specified and the identifier is being used within a channel event, it uses that channel. If called in a query or chat event (or manually and no chan specified) it would assume no channel and ignore any mode prefix options.

Could even extend it with things like .noprefix .nocolor, and so on.

Didn't see anything that already does this in mirc, but may have just missed it. Otherwise i think this would be very useful, and obviously the post leaves much room for improvement on the specifics.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
J
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
J
Agreed

If only women came with popup menus and online help.

Link Copied to Clipboard