mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
dadj Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
weird problem with 6.03 that i never had before with this version. Every time i restart mirc i have to reinput all info again.. frown

one other problem that occurs every now and then is that mirc causes a software error when i try to DCC something. i've had that now for a couple of days.. whats up with that?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
re settings prob:
Go into your windows explorer, find the directory you have mIRC in, and right click on mirc.ini. choose properties, and make sure you dont have the box checked for "read only".

re dcc:
If by "software error" you mean you get disconnected with "software causes connection abort" error 10053 during dccs, thats seems to be rather common especially for winXP users. Doesnt seem to be a one answer fits all for it. Some:
-connect to the networks server on a diff port than 6667
-check your router firmware/drivers
-dont use speed patches
-disable xp's firewall

You can use the search feature here, all forums, all posts with 10053 as search term to read more especially if you are using xp. Theres a description of that error in the connection problem area here under "common irc errors"

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
D
dadj Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
cool thanks for your input! I'll try those

Q
Que Offline
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
Q
I had the same thing in Win XP with the firewall on and everytime that it wanted to reNEW the ip lease it would disconnect mirc 1053 (software, maybe not the right number)

Changing the port to 7000 and enter the IP to the server fixed it up.

With the firewall on.

Thanks

Que_?

Link Copied to Clipboard