#152895 08/07/06 05:37 AM
W
wacko Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
W
Hi there folks new to mirc and scripting and trying to make myself a bot

I trying to set different user levels forthe same nick but its not working from what i can see
read thought he docs and frm what i can see it says userlist should look a little like this:

1,2,3:user1
1:user2
2,3:user3

but as far as i can see this doesnt work, tried also:
1,=2,=3:user1

doing it like this:
1:user1
2:user1
doesnt work either as it will only do the first level it comes across

is there anyway for me to have the same user to have different levels?

#152896 08/07/06 06:02 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
use /auser -a <levels> <nick> and separate each level with a comma.
eg: /auser -a 1,2,3,op RusselB

For more assistance read /help /auser

#152897 11/07/06 07:46 AM
W
wacko Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
W
I've done that but it seems that when i make my remote to use the different access levels it doesnt work

User List:
5,ops,friend:user1

Remote Actions:
on ops:JOIN:#:/mode # +o $1
on 5:TEXT:!hello:/msg chan$ welcome dude :P

this is just a stripped down version of what I'm trying to do but the idea of it is the same.
From what I can tell it doesnt see the users different levels

ok it could be the PM blocker I'm using, the important line is this one:

on *:text:*:?:if ($level($nick) != friend)

How can i put more than one level so that someone can PM me and also have different levels of access to my mIRC commands?

#152898 11/07/06 08:12 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Try those same items using these codes instead
Code:
 on @ops:join:#: mode # +o $nick
on 5:text:!hello:#: .msg $chan Welcome dude :P

In the first one, you try to op $1, but at that point, $1 would be empty (ie: $null) and you can't op nothing

In teh second, you're missing the location parameter to indicate where the text has to be coming from (#/$chan for channel,? for pm/query,* for either)..also, you've got the $ on the wrong end of chan in the msg command.

With the alterations I made above (and the explanation, I hope) your PM blocker should be irrelevant to these matters.

For your PM blocker, you could use
Code:
on friend:text:*:?:{  

Although, that's doing it the opposite way of your current code.
With that, only those with a friend level would be able to pm you, anyone else would just be ignored

For multiple levels, you can have multiple similar events, where only the access level is different. Additionally, if you were to use numeric levels, rather than words, then you could specify a minimum access level for a command.

There is a lot of information regarding access levels in the help file under /help Access Levels

#152899 12/07/06 07:59 AM
W
wacko Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
W
this isnt my PM blocker and I'm by no means a script writer

is there a way for me to change this script to accept different access levels? Been going though this and the help files and other scripts for ages but i cant see it.

If possible the script using named levels and numbered levels. Not in the same script but 2 different scipts so I can see how it works both ways so I can choose either to change all my user levels to numbers or stick with named levels

where is the whole line of the PM blocker I'm using:

on *:text:*:?:if ($level($nick) != friend) { echo -a 8,2 Blocked PM from $nick $+ : $1- | close -m $nick | .notice $nick Your Message Has Been Blocked & Ignored for 20secs, Ask in channel for pm before pming again. | ignore -pu20 $nick | echo 4 -a $chr(91) $+ $nick tried to msg/query $+ $chr(93) | halt }

Link Copied to Clipboard