mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#152488 01/07/06 08:07 PM
Z
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Z
This must have been suggested before, but nothing turned up in Search. How about being able to move the channel/query buttons in the switchbar? I like the channels to be in a certain order, but its a pain to part and join them everytime to get that order.

If there is a scriptable way - I've tried without success - please let me know. smile

Thank you,
Zyzzy.

"All we are saying is give peace a chance" -- John Lennon
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I wasn't able to find a way of scripting this easily and quickly, however, you can do it from : Window (Alt + w), Sort

The closest that I was able to find (quickly) for a scriptable option would require you to know what order you want the windows in, then use
Code:
 /window -z <window name> 
to order the windows.

Z
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Z
/window -z is an option, but not the easiest or most practical frown Also a pain when you multi-serv. The ideal would be dragging the buttons *winks at Khaled* smile

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
As you said, using /window -z isn't the easiest or most practical.

Doing a bit more research into this also brought up the following option (although I don't know how applicable this would be for you).

/help display
Quote:
Sort buttons
If this option is turned on, window buttons are sorted according to type.

Z
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Z
Hmmm, interesting! This groups the windows in "Channels" "Query" "Custom" and so forth, in alphabetical order. Solves my problem because coincidentally, the chan order I like matches the alphabetical order. Pure luck though.. I'd love to see a drag feature to rearrange them, or something similar to mIRC's coloring system, with priorities.

Thank you RusselB smile

Zyzzy

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Glad I was able to help, although from a suggestion stand point, I agree it would be nice to be able to drag & drop, although I haven't a clue as to how easy (or doable) this would be.

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
mIRC provides a way to arrange the buttons in the exact order you want. Go to menubar's Window menu and select "Sort..."

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
Z
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Z
The Sort option already helped me a lot smile However, this option only allows me to arrange the types of windows in the order I want, but not the specific query window or channel. Ex:

Status #Home #Foo John Paula @Window

Using that Sort option, I can alter the color order (green,red,blue), but I'm not be able to make #Foo go in front of #Home, unless I part them all and join in the order I like.

Thank you,
Zyzzy. smile

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
I'd like to see this option in mIRC. Heck, I'd like to see this option for the Windows taskbar!

-genius_at_work

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
The text above the combo box reads "Window type or name" and the combo box itself is editable (you can write in it) wink

For example, to make #foo go in front of all other channel windows, your Sort list should be like this:

#foo
Channel Windows

The Sort feature is extremely flexible in this respect.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
Z
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Z
THAT I did not know! Thank you very much, qwerty =D

Link Copied to Clipboard